Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Installed I installed kumosports aluminum bushings last night

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jameStype is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Installed I installed kumosports aluminum bushings last night

getting a feel for how to get the retaining tabs to disengage around the shifter was a chore for a first time diy on my ride. i could probably do it now in 15 minutes now that i have taken apart the center console on my 04 civic coupe.

i installed the kumosports bushings last night and was able to test drive the car all of today and into the evening running errands.

i don't have a ss kit installed of any kind. all i installed were the bushings and WOW. it really feels much more solid when shifting through all the gears. the wishy washy feel of the stock shift is completely gone. i enjoy driving the car more just by changing out the stock bushings for the aluminum. i was surprised at how big of a difference it was.

i highly recommend these bushings for anyone who is still on stock shifter bushings.
Old 08-20-2006
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light
Get a revo SS and greys' kit. You will be very happy.
Old 08-21-2006
Registered!!

04CivicTurbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question

How did you guys take off your center console/shifter console? I cannot figure it out and there aren't any pictures on the net that helps... I am totally lost. I feel it is a stupid clip that is impossible to undo or a screw that i am forgettting. I take off the shifter surrounding with the 'leather' boot and the 4 screws in the back, but I can't find anything else and it barely moves... HELP!!!
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

mikem317 should not be trusted
^ ^There's an DIY.

It's actually pretty intuitive. This is by far the easiest car to disassemble/reassemble. I guess they engineered Hondas to be so modularized, even those with simple hand-tools can service their car.

There are screws in the center console area under the arm rest. I believe it's three. Philips.

There's also retaining clips near the foot wells.
Old 08-22-2006
420 Member

BlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura about
it might be the easiest car to take apart but it is the most annoying car to work on when ur doing something in the engine bay
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

jameStype is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 04CivicTurbo
How did you guys take off your center console/shifter console? I cannot figure it out and there aren't any pictures on the net that helps... I am totally lost. I feel it is a stupid clip that is impossible to undo or a screw that i am forgettting. I take off the shifter surrounding with the 'leather' boot and the 4 screws in the back, but I can't find anything else and it barely moves... HELP!!!
yea its a pain if its your first time taking it apart. after you take out all of the necessary screws, its time to fight with the retaining clips that hold the shifter cover in place. you'll probably want to have a couple of wrags handy to wedge in as your pop the retaining clips loose. there are about 3 retaining clips on each side. what happens is that the retaining clips will reengage if you let back down after just popping one of them.

you can wedge in the wrag as you pop the first clip loose and work your way up one side and repeat for the other side. this was my system. i could break it all loose fast now that i growled through it the first time.

i'm sure other members here will have a system that worked for them.
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

j182j has a spectacular aura aboutj182j has a spectacular aura aboutj182j has a spectacular aura about
I have the bushings from grey's with a DC sports short shifter and it was awsome compared to the stock setup.