Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Just installed Injen RD CAI and the performance.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AltimaJG is an unknown quantity at this point
Just installed Injen RD CAI and the performance.....

is lame. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]

I actually lost power.. Yea.. it does make an aggresive sound at open throttle.. but the car doesn't look right sounding like that without an exhaust.

I must admit.. It looks reaaallllyyyy goood in the bay.. but tell me it's not just made for looks..

Tell me that when I get an exhaust this CAI will actually work.. Please tell me that or I am selling it tommorrow..

But really, Do I need an exhaust to feel the difference? I didn't need an exhaust in my altima for the CAI to work.. but please bare with me.. I'm new to the Honda scene..
Old 03-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Step 1.. Reset ECU.. Step 2.. Now you'll notice the power gaisn.. if you'd reset your ECU you'll be losing about 10HP... Just reset your ECU.. then givie your car a few hours of driving..and reprogram itself..

Cheers
Mohawk

My Friend was mad as ish when is AEm CAI and DC Headers and DC TCS exhaust were all installed and he could barely get the car to crawl forward i 1st.. reset the ECU.. ideld funny for 5 minutes.. drove it for 20.. then Definately noticed the difference.

Cheers
Mohawk
Old 03-04-2002
Registered!!

klam is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep us posted on your results after resetting the ECU. By the way, are you dynoing it or just seat-of-your-pants feel?

I don't have an intake, the only reason is that the results don't lead to any significant gains for amount of money it costs. Whereas other cars, RSX Type-S comes to mind, have a significant boost... our cars gain an insignificant amount from what others have said.

It's hard to make out what is actual and what is "placebo" effect. All I know from reading the millions of intake posts is that it makes a more aggressive noise... which to me is pointless in a 127hp car... haha
Old 03-04-2002
Registered!!

<< Step 1.. Reset ECU.. Step 2.. Now you'll notice the power gaisn.. if you'd reset your ECU you'll be losing about 10HP... Just reset your ECU.. then givie your car a few hours of driving..and reprogram itself..

Cheers
Mohawk

My Friend was mad as ish when is AEm CAI and DC Headers and DC TCS exhaust were all installed and he could barely get the car to crawl forward i 1st.. reset the ECU.. ideld funny for 5 minutes.. drove it for 20.. then Definately noticed the difference.

Cheers
Mohawk
>>

very good.. i have re-gained hope !!! How do I go about resetting the ECU? I remember that with the altima it was dis-connecting the battery for about 15 mins. Same?
Old 03-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Yup... Disconnest the batt for a bit try to start the car (witht he batt disconnected) Will drain the little bats in the ECU and you're set
Old 03-04-2002
Registered!!

<< Keep us posted on your results after resetting the ECU. By the way, are you dynoing it or just seat-of-your-pants feel?

I don't have an intake, the only reason is that the results don't lead to any significant gains for amount of money it costs. Whereas other cars, RSX Type-S comes to mind, have a significant boost... our cars gain an insignificant amount from what others have said.

It's hard to make out what is actual and what is "placebo" effect. All I know from reading the millions of intake posts is that it makes a more aggressive noise... which to me is pointless in a 127hp car... haha
>>

Man, I don't need a dyno to tell me the power i lost.. this thing is nothing like stock.. Stock actually felt much more responsive...

But yes, I used the Seat-of-my-pants dyno.
Old 03-04-2002
Registered!!

1028CiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
don't reset ur ecu or else you'll be sorry...
and it should work..well i have cat back.. first after i got the intake..and i felt the gain.
just the intake..i don't know..you should at mid and high end..of course you gonna lose
some power when you take off.
Old 03-04-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point

<< Yup... Disconnest the batt for a bit try to start the car (witht he batt disconnected) Will drain the little bats in the ECU and you're set >>

Oooh. First time I've seen that suggestion. Makes sense. Maybe why some are not getting the effect of the ECU reset right away.
Old 03-04-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Anbody got actual timings of 0 to 60 or 1/4 mile stock and with CAI and Catback, etc? How much do you really get from these mods?
Old 03-04-2002
Registered!!

1028CiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
i wanna know too..any one..
thanks.
Old 03-05-2002
Registered!!

<< don't reset ur ecu or else you'll be sorry...
and it should work..well i have cat back.. first after i got the intake..and i felt the gain.
just the intake..i don't know..you should at mid and high end..of course you gonna lose
some power when you take off.
>>

ummm ok? See, this is what I don't like.. Some say yes others say no.

What's the deal now? Should I or not? I mean, People run out of battery charge all the time.. People buy new batteries and with changing the battery the ecu resets itself. So I don't see a reason why it is harmful.

Is there a reason? Or are we just assuming because we do not know the effects? Please advise.
Old 03-05-2002
Registered!!

toastyghosty is an unknown quantity at this point
there's nothing harmful with resetting your ecu. no worries ithink that's just a typo of his?
the ecu will automatically "reset" with driving it's a smart computer it'll adjust but it just takes longer i belive it's approx 100 miles

anyways by resetting the ecu it just causes the car to retrain itself...

that's why after resetting your ecu and you start up your car you should let it idle etc. so that it can base it calculations properly

there's a great DIY that outlines this step by step look it up