Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Anyone have the Ground Control Camber Plates?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3rdcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone have the Ground Control Camber Plates?

They're on the Ground Control site and give those with the GC coil-overs 24mm(almost 1 inch) of additional travel on the front shocks. They list for $229 for the front set and there is no camber correction kit by GC for the rear yet.

Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone had purchased and installed these? Do they help?

Terry
Old 02-27-2002
Registered!!

rhyno is an unknown quantity at this point
there won't be any camber plates for the rear. i guess tehy'd be good if you have the money but unless you plan on totally slamming your 'vic, or for show, i can't see spending the money. Camber is never really off enough in the front for that kind of correction. 30 bucks for ingalls or eibach. Also, if you cut the front perch you can easily make up that drop.
Old 02-27-2002
Registered!!

3rdcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't really care about the camber but the benefit of gaining an inch of travel is very attractive. Right now, I think I only have about 1" between the top of the shock body and the bump stop. I'm going to get the Koni's and these camber plates so I can keep my car low but still have some cush. I've also ordered the strut mount and strut mount bearing for the 2002 to be installed on my 2001. The 2002's use a metal bearing assembly which, according to Ground Control is stronger and moves much more freely than that crappy plastic bearing on the 2k1's.

Ground Control is also going to be coming out with an improved rear upper spring perch that will stay in place within the factory upper strut cap.

For those of you who have the popping sound from your GC's, I'm wondering if we might be helped by installing some 1/8" rubber rings between the GC machined/anodized spring seats and the spring itself. My thought is that this would force the assembly to turn on the factory bearing instead of turning the spring.

Rhyno, since you've had to work with GC a few times, I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Terry
Old 02-27-2002
Registered!!

0100010 is an unknown quantity at this point
I looked into getting the GC front camber plates when they were released a while ago. I can slam my ride low enough with the just the normal GC's, and I have about 1.5" above my Koni's to the bump stops, and I don't have any problems bottoming out. So I have decided not to spend the cash on the camber plates.

I am curious about their frame braces, that they designed for the 2001 RSX, they can be mounted on a 2001 Civic, I'm just waiting for them to come in, so I can call up GC and ask them where they mount.

I am curious about your ordering the new 2002 metal strut mount bearings. If you have part numbers for them, please post.

Also, my rear GC's only made noise when I had the original(7") sleeves, they were replaced with the updated 4" sleeves when I had my Koni's installed, no noise from the rears since. I did make a rubber "bushing" that fit between the rear lower perch, and the inside of the spring, it helped a lot with the noise, back when it was an issue. You won't be able to fit an 1/8" ring in there, it's got to be really thin. I made mine out of an old bicycle tire tube. Didn't wear out or anything.