Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Clear headlights problems w/cops

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GreenVenom is an unknown quantity at this point
Clear headlights problems w/cops

hey just cleared my headlights and some people told me that it was illegal to have just white lights as turn signals!!!! if thats true what color bulbs do i need and why do a lot of people have cleared headlights then.. looks great bu not going to like putting a yellow bulb in it.
thanks
GreenVenom
Old 02-25-2002
Registered!!

ASWZero is an unknown quantity at this point
well, here in cali, it can be clear or yellow. I've driven next to and by soo many cops. Have not been pulled over for my lights or exhaust.
Old 02-26-2002
Registered!!

JBlazeVA is an unknown quantity at this point
aswzero~we have a bay area meet coming up dis saturday...wanna come???...email me up at JBlazeVA@aol.com or IM me on AIM=AzNRaveN9...

Victor
Old 02-26-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point

<< hey just cleared my headlights and some people told me that it was illegal to have just white lights as turn signals!!!! if thats true what color bulbs do i need and why do a lot of people have cleared headlights then.. looks great bu not going to like putting a yellow bulb in it.
thanks
GreenVenom
>>

Don't worry about what they say because even in the older 6th generation Civics, there are cleared headlights. The color of the stock bulb under the orange side-marker you took out is LEGAL... now, I am just telling you how it is where I live (Cali), but yeah, it is a "side-marker" but if you get pulled over for cleared headlights (it can happen if you're at the wrong place) it's cop-harrassment because it's ridiculous when it's been on older Civics (stock Honda Civics, yes). If you're that worried about it, just don't change the bulb cuz it gives off a yellowish glow. I HIGHLY doubt you'll get pulled over for cleared headlights. It's not that big of a deal.

I took my chances... the signal lights on my car are blue, and the parking lights on there are hyperwhite. Looks so nice. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] If you're gonna change your headlight bulbs, and worry about the law, MY SUGGESTION is to get all your lights hyperwhite. (Signal, parking, headlight). In case you didn't know, "hyperwhite" is a bright white that emits a blue tinge. You could just go all white... or just don't touch the original signal bulb. That alone is the "safest" thing you can do. Have some fun with your car... the law sucks and a fixing ticket for "cleared headlights" is (er, was) $17 (I say "was" because Cali doesn't give away fixing tix anymore, you just get a regular ticket.)

Ok, I'm goin to bed, hope I helped you out.

-Zell
Old 02-26-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point

<< well, here in cali, it can be clear or yellow. I've driven next to and by soo many cops. Have not been pulled over for my lights or exhaust. >>

Just don't go to any races and/or get your car impounded. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] If you get caught there, the ticket for cleared headlights will be your last worries (it'll be the $200 ticket for being at the races).
Old 02-26-2002
Registered!!

Dagooseisloose is an unknown quantity at this point
I got pulled over once for having cleared headlights. Mind you I have a red bulb for a turn signal. I got pulled over once in the 7 months i had a red bulb. And I got a cop to write off the ticket for me.
Old 02-26-2002
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
I was at the races one time, up in SunValley and they gave me a 138 dollar ticket for my glowing H; that was blue. The cops said it was an impersonation of a emergency viechal and i have been pulled over like 5 times at night in other counties, and the other cops didn't say anything. Then they did a "emitions control check" to give me a smog order if i had an exaust or any thing done to my engine, that was another 200 dollars in bullcrap. So i don't take my poor civic any more, i take my 3.2TL type S (260 hp, 14.7 on a 1/4 mile).

Old 02-26-2002
Registered!!

GreenVenom is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for all the input love when people respond hate when people don't!!
GreenVenom
Old 02-26-2002
Registered!!

FLiPpIeS is an unknown quantity at this point
dont worry u wont get a ticket. i even got my brake tag wit cleared headlites and he didnt gimme any smack. but down here, if u have hyperwhite turns or parkin lights then thats a $108 ticket =(
Old 02-26-2002
Registered!!

7GRev is an unknown quantity at this point
Up here in Canada you can have Clear or Amber Headlights it doesn matter, as long as they flash.