Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

PLEASE READ, HP Racing Header/w high flow cat FOR CHEAP.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black is an unknown quantity at this point
180!!!!! shipping included... BTW is this stainless steel or ceramic? And which is better for HOT humid weather?
Old 02-19-2002
Registered!!

1028CiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
this is a really good f u k i n g deal but too bad doesn't fit my car
Old 02-19-2002
Registered!!

VanDizKo is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for all your responses. I am still waiting for more info from the seller to make sure they offered us a good deal. This is the price terms I asked them to offered us, (I think it is reasonable). I'll let you guys know when they made an agreement. Other than that, they gave us $250.00 shipped for sure.
5-10 buyers = $250.00 shipped
10-15 buyers = $235.00 shipped
15-20+ buyers = $215.00 shipped
To answer about the fitment of the header. I don't have any knowledge as much as you guys do, but no matter what I'll make sure to get the header fit my car. You can do a search on HP racing header or ask CivicEX questions about the header because he owned one. Other than that, I will try to make sure we have an agreement with the seller that if they won't fit, they will refund our money because they said it fits all 2001 Civic model. I'll keep you updated, alright!!! SO, STAY COOL [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-19-2002
Registered!!

30 people = !! $180 w/shipping

okay nigguh?
Old 02-19-2002
Su Mo

RSXtypeIvtec is on a distinguished road
ok, lets shoot for th 15-20 buyers!!!
cause some peeps are poor like me!
Old 02-19-2002
Registered!!

GreenVenom is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm in but let me know what the final price will be
GreenVenom
Old 02-19-2002
Registered!!

silvervtec01 is an unknown quantity at this point
some of you guys are pretty brave.....or dumb. think about it...if u have to cut the motor mount, then ur automatically putting yourself at fault for anything to happen in the future! plus, why dont you wait a little longer until other companies design a header in which you dont have to sacrifice the physical integrity of your ride???! unless this header is selling for $150 including shipping, im holdin out for a better company! goodluck to all of you who do this!
Old 02-19-2002
Registered!!

Amen!! silvertek
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-20-2002
Registered!!

Simkin is an unknown quantity at this point
Why don't you start a group buy auction on www.groupbuycenter.com ?? It would make this so much easier, and then you wouldn't be limiting yourself to this site...
Old 02-20-2002
Registered!!

It would not make this easier at all.. first of all, not many people attend those group buy deals due to the stupid security for one to simply become a member [like if hackers are gonna really harrass and torture there economy, lol], then alone no one ever visits that site, as I used to go on it alot to search for deals... but nada.. . so

On the other hand hitting the message boards and chat rooms and spamming mail is the best way to go!
But no pain no gain .
Old 02-20-2002
Su Mo

RSXtypeIvtec is on a distinguished road
i agree with you black, that sites not really all that, and its so hard to find products off there site.
and hardly anyone ever goes to that site anymore, at least i dont anymore...its ghay!!!
Old 02-20-2002
Registered!!

ALLMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm in as well guys!!!...and as for the motor mount...from what I've gathered..it is not a load bearing motor mount. Although, i haven't put my eyes on the mount itself to confirm....but I am trusting the member who put it own....so the motor mount just might be a lateral stabilizer....plus the modification to the mount was minimal...according to him..PEACE!
Old 02-20-2002
Registered!!

trickedoutcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
The Hp Header I was sent for the 2001 civic ex doesnt bolt right in. If you call Hp theyll tell you it does and that is a load of crap. You have to remove the front motor mount to and the air compressor heat shield to get it in the engine bay to bolt in and then the motor mount wont go back unless you cut part of it off. Once you cut the motor mount it will go back in but then you only have 2 bolts holding the front of the motor in place instead of the standard three from the factory. Also, After my installation was complete I started the car and it vibrated like crazy. The header pipe was touching the motor mount bracket. I had to take it to a muffler shop and the guy had to cut out a small piece of that bracket so it didnt touch the header pipe. I still have much more noticeable vibration at Idle than normal, I think that is from cutting the motor mount. All in all I was pleased with the added power but as far as being a huge gain I dont think it was. Compared to the DC header it should be big. I'm not trying to scare you away from buying this but you should know what your getting into. Everyone will tell you it fits with no problem but thats cause they either havent installed one or like HP just dont care.
Old 02-20-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point

<< The Hp Header I was sent for the 2001 civic ex doesnt bolt right in. If you call Hp theyll tell you it does and that is a load of crap. You have to remove the front motor mount to and the air compressor heat shield to get it in the engine bay to bolt in and then the motor mount wont go back unless you cut part of it off. Once you cut the motor mount it will go back in but then you only have 2 bolts holding the front of the motor in place instead of the standard three from the factory. Also, After my installation was complete I started the car and it vibrated like crazy. The header pipe was touching the motor mount bracket. I had to take it to a muffler shop and the guy had to cut out a small piece of that bracket so it didnt touch the header pipe. I still have much more noticeable vibration at Idle than normal, I think that is from cutting the motor mount. All in all I was pleased with the added power but as far as being a huge gain I dont think it was. Compared to the DC header it should be big. I'm not trying to scare you away from buying this but you should know what your getting into. Everyone will tell you it fits with no problem but thats cause they either havent installed one or like HP just dont care. >>

Could the header have been heated up and bent in some way to avoid having to mess with the engine mount?
Old 02-20-2002
Registered!!

AEMcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey trickedout,

What kind of car do you have, lx, ex? And what kind of transmission?
My local shop installed this header and hi-flow cat on a 2k1 last weekend and they didn't have to modify anything.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just called that bastard again and now he says that they had to cut a v-angle in the front crossmember.
Sorry about that guys. BTW, it was an EX auto just incase you wanted to know.

Oh, one question.....Does HP make a stainless steel header? I could use more bling bling under the hood, but I don't want chrome headers.
Old 02-20-2002
Registered!!

<< Could the header have been heated up and bent in some way to avoid having to mess with the engine mount? >>

I totally agree with Mbow... they should simply make a reciprocal dent on the headers str8 down part, thus no cutting required.. cause man.. only two bolts holding the engine in place does not sound good to me AT ALL!
Why would anyone cut that out simply to install some products, you GOTS to be crazy, your whole engine bay's enginered to exact specifications and tested hecticly before it's let out to the cow, and YOU ALL KNOW they still have recalls.. so WHY weaken the freakin mainframe in the engine bay?

Anyways, I wanted to give a shout out to whoever posted the DIY links for NOS.
May GOD bless thee for real! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
-=- peAce -=-

edit: crowd, not cow, hehe sorry, I was thinking of this cow.
Old 02-20-2002
Registered!!

CIVIC808 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm in. You've got mail.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-20-2002
Registered!!

SQCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't get it. Why are people jumping in on this when you have to make such major detrimental alterations to the car? What is so special about these headers?
Old 02-21-2002
Registered!!

uicmedruss is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmmmmmmm....you know, this sounded like a great deal until I read a couple pages into this thread... for those of you going through with this, I sure hope you know what you are getting into! Sounds like a serious pain in the [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG] to me!
Old 02-22-2002
Registered!!

TYPE7RS is an unknown quantity at this point
$250 Count me in too![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

But now that I've read into this a bit more, it sounds to be a little more hassle than what it's worth. I drive a ex 5-spd, think that will make a difference?
Old 02-23-2002
Registered!!

trickedoutcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
By the way. My car is an EX manual.
Old 02-24-2002
Registered!!

2Hondaz is an unknown quantity at this point
PLZ update us on this!!! I am ready to order the header now........Count me in...where do I send the money, I want to have it by next weekend.
Old 02-26-2002
Registered!!

2Hondaz is an unknown quantity at this point
*bump*

So what's the word on this group buy?? I sent you an e-mail, got no response. Posted that I'm in also, go no response....Do I need to just go buy it on my own or what?
Old 02-26-2002
Registered!!

eXNBP is an unknown quantity at this point
Itd be easier if someone would just post a pic of the headers in the car and see exactly where the cut was made.
Old 02-26-2002
Registered!!

2k1EXracer is an unknown quantity at this point
AMEN to that brotha!
Old 02-27-2002
Registered!!

VanDizKo is an unknown quantity at this point
Go here for ORDER info Updated, HP Racing Header Buy is ON $240 Shipped. Sorry guys about the long wait, I had you make sure the seller agreed to give us great deal for this. The final price now is $240 shipped & NO TAX anywhere in 48 states US. continent. Go and read the updated, and GOOD LUCKS!!!
van
Old 05-17-2002
Registered!!

wwwEuroticElectronicscom is an unknown quantity at this point
hi

check our site out at www.euroticelectronics.com www.ebaystores.com/euroticelectronics we are hp racings official dist online. we carry all hp line including the shorty chrome and ceramic header and the 4-1 chrome header with hi flow cat. we will match or beat any competetors pricing. we also offer a one year warranty for hp racing against manufacture defects. we carry anytghing and everything for cars. if you cant find it just ask and we will get it for you. thank you for your time.
Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

skitzo is an unknown quantity at this point

<< hi

check our site out at www.euroticelectronics.com www.ebaystores.com/euroticelectronics we are hp racings official dist online. we carry all hp line including the shorty chrome and ceramic header and the 4-1 chrome header with hi flow cat. we will match or beat any competetors pricing. we also offer a one year warranty for hp racing against manufacture defects. we carry anytghing and everything for cars. if you cant find it just ask and we will get it for you. thank you for your time.
>>

You have crappy feedback 5 negs and 5 neutrals in the last Month? It also looks like you've run several auctions for items you don't have in stock.
Old 05-20-2002
Registered!!

wwwEuroticElectronicscom is an unknown quantity at this point
wtf is your problem trying to put us down. we have never done anything to you. you get on 2k1 talking all this garbage that we have 4 neutrals and 5 negatives in the last month. well how about the 81 positives in the last month. also 1 out of 10 people leave feedback. but they always remember to leave a negative but always forget to leave a positive also since you took your time to look at the company take more time to read the feedback. it is stupid negatives of people who pay late and don't know how to use ebay. if you pay for something 1 month after the auction ended umm I think it might be sold to someone else. how would you like if we go to your job and talk crap about you with out knowing you. all we were doing is trying to give you guys good prices and we get some sales. also we keep the sport alive. but people like you kill it for people like us that dedicate our lives to this sport.
Old 05-20-2002
Registered!!

bo0sT is an unknown quantity at this point
&lt;&lt;clapping&gt;&gt; hahaha well put.... but calm down a lil bit. No one gives a $hiz if ya got some negative feedback.. and if they do.. they're a loser. I own a shop here in Houston.. and it's always the rookies that talk noise. You get what you pay for. Mistakes happen. People will be people. let's just all get back to wasting all our money on daily drivers that we'll eventually rag out!!!!

Quick Reply: PLEASE READ, HP Racing Header/w high flow cat FOR CHEAP.