Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Hp Race Header w/ High Flow Cat

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trickedoutcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Hp Race Header w/ High Flow Cat

I have the header now, It just came in today. It also came with the high flow cat. My dad and I are still trying to install it as i type this. The header itself is so big we cant figure out how to fit it in the engine bay. We tried from the top and from underneath the car but the darn thing wont fit!!! Maybe it isnt the correct one for my car and I was sent the wrong thing. But It looks exactly like the pic in sport compact car though. A honda tech friend of mine is on his way over to help. I will post again once it gets installed or I give up and put the stock stuff back on. Wish me luck[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

HTOWNBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
LET US KNOW WHATS UP. HOPE EVERYTHING GOES ON PERFECTLY. WHATS THE PART # ON THAT HEADER?
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

black2k1vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Someone said they had to take off the front motor mount and tweek it a little...maybe check that out!
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

Amphiprion is an unknown quantity at this point
Much, much luck to ya man! I am seriously considering that header & cat, and I'll be looking forward to hearing about how you guys got it installed and working perfectly. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

1028CiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
is that header for LX? and how much did you get it for.. hope it fits your car...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

Mokushi is an unknown quantity at this point
Someone else in here bough that header and had it installed. However, they found out that it didn't quite fit right, like you, so they had to modify a motor mount.
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

but at last have them install it? what model was his ride?
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Funk a bunch of all that man....they need to make those
fuggers fit.....I wanted to get one to replace my DC Header,
but damn, I don't know now....My DC fit no problem at all !!
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

<< Someone else in here bough that header and had it installed. However, they found out that it didn't quite fit right, like you, so they had to modify a motor mount. >>

I think this is a different situation.......the earlier post didn't mention anything about getting the header into the engine bay, but referred to probs with getting it to line up properly. This post sounds like the header is too big to even slide it into the engine.
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

maybe that header wasn't for this car..[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

Uh huh....sounds like it...that sucks...you think they could figure that sh it out before releasing it. You think someone would have stood up at a metting and said, hey man....this fugger doesn't even fit into the engine bay...!! If that's the case, then [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] HP Racing Header Development Team.
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

agree on that~[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

Finally, Its all installed. Took about 4 hours cause we dont have a lift or air tools and like i said before. The darn thing doesnt fit worth crap. In order to get it in we had to remove the front motor mount and remove the heat shield from the air compressor. Then after the header was bolted on the motor mount will not fit back in because the far left header pipe blocks the hole for the top bolt on the motor mount. I will probably cut that small piece of the mount off and just have 2 bolts in to the motor instead of 3, unless i have the motor mount cut it will not fit back in at all. Guess what, Thats not the worst of it. The far left header pipe also is touching the motor mount bracket that is welded to the frame. AHHHHH!!! Vibration and noise suck! It is just barely touching but it is still loud and shaky. I am going to get a small piece of that bracket cut off tommorow morning at a muffler shop. I only got on full throttle for a second and red lined first and second. My first impression was it felt a lot quicker but I didnt want to run it anymore till I get the bracket cut so it is not touching the header. I will post again once I get it fixed and have played with it more. This install was a big pain in the *** cause it came with no instructions and right now I am driving with no front motor mount. You guys should seriously think about it before you buy this product. To me its worth it if i can get everything modified to run properly. Oh yeah, I paid $269 plus 5% tax for header and cat. I bought it from my local shop -- www.meanstreet.net -- He doesnt have a shopping cart but if you call him he will ship to you. Take Care Everyone.
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

One more thing, My car is an 2001 EX coupe. AEM CAI, HP HEADER AND HIGH FLOW CAT, DC TCS EXHAUST. I have a DC 4-1 carb legal ceramic header that bolts right on with no problem for sale. It is in excellent condition. $200 shipped to your door. Email me at hulagrub@hotmail.com if intrested.
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

Dude, I have a DC 4-1 Ceramic....and I wanted to get the HP and
obviously, even though the install was a complete bitsh, you decided to keep the HP Huh ?
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

Thanks so much for the prompt info!!! I'm sorry about all the crap you're having to deal with though.....I sincerely hope it works out for you. Good luck to you.
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

Oh yeah, HP racings Researd & Development team is ....... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] :[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

So other than the install dilema, do they seem like they could be some good headers....?

HP I'll be watching you....
Old 02-09-2002
Registered!!

Unleaded is an unknown quantity at this point
So far we have two confirmed installs and both had problems. I'm having doubts about this header and cat setup from HP. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-09-2002
Registered!!

<< having doubts about this header and cat setup from HP >>

Likewise!!!!
Old 02-09-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
If you're going to buy something that says that it's for your car doesn't that mean that it's a simple bolt-on? You guys that have the HP header; e-mail HP Racing and let them know about the problem. I'm not going to buy that thing now. I had it in mind, but now it's out.
Old 02-11-2002
Registered!!

slam2k1civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I called Hp and they told me that you dont have to mod any thing just bolt on.Please take some pics and post them.