Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

HOW MUCH POWER WILL A..

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dezdawg is an unknown quantity at this point
HOW MUCH POWER WILL A..

hey, just curious...
how much power (approx of coarse) will a: short ram intake, cat-back exhaust, and headers increase the power of our cars???
and any opinions on cold air intakes? good?? bad?? i heard there is sometimes problems with water..[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-02-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CivicHX01 is an unknown quantity at this point
anywhere from 10-20 hp with everything on... maybe 25, but thats pushing it with pure bolt-ons
Old 02-02-2002
Registered!!

pounds is an unknown quantity at this point
cold air intake will give you better performance....unless you have a ram air hood or something.....but you can have trouble with water getting in it..its called hydro lock...but you an get a part to put in it to fix it.....

the whole set (headers,exhaust, and intake) will add about 5-8 hp....not much....but it may depend on the car.....you can search and find better answsers
Old 02-02-2002
Registered!!

black2k1vtec is an unknown quantity at this point

<< the whole set (headers,exhaust, and intake) will add about 5-8 hp....not much....but it may depend on the car.....you can search and find better answsers >>

Word.
Old 02-02-2002
Registered!!

Civic2k1racer is an unknown quantity at this point
headers intake and exhuast would definetly give more than 5-8 hp, the cold air intake alone would give minimum 8 hp if u have the aem cold air intake. you can get the bypass valve for the cold air intake to prevent the intake from sucking in water.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-02-2002
Registered!!

Dezdawg is an unknown quantity at this point
cool yeah i'm yhinking of getting the AEM cold air...5-8 hp thats all?
Old 02-02-2002
Registered!!

ecliptiCz is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't really predict... we should get more people here to run dyno's, and bring back the results.
Old 02-02-2002
Registered!!

black2k1vtec is an unknown quantity at this point

<< headers intake and exhuast would definetly give more than 5-8 hp, the cold air intake alone would give minimum 8 hp if u have the aem cold air intake. you can get the bypass valve for the cold air intake to prevent the intake from sucking in water.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] >>

Hahaha maybe on a H22A you would gain 8hp, not on a D17A though buddy!!

hahahaha!!!!![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]8hp from CAI[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-02-2002
Registered!!

PlatnumBomb is an unknown quantity at this point
Before anyone else says they get over 15+HP from Headers/Exhaust/Intake...please think about what your saying...

Do a search on the site and you'll see that for the past year everyone has realized that all 3 mods won't give you over 10+hp...
It might feel like more...but that's cause you have a light car...and it just seems that much better...

Import Tuner last fall did a test and found out just what I'm sayin...They put on a DC sports exhaust, AEM CAI and DC header...

I don't know much about this...but this i remember...just lettin you all know before you go drop over G on all 3 and realize you just arent getting the power...

I'm not hating on you all...Just sayin what I think...

-Mark
Old 02-02-2002
Registered!!

mykel115 is an unknown quantity at this point
If I got an 8HP on my AEM CAI if I do the Math 127 + 8= 135 HP I got 135 HP right now no way. So I need 30 HP and I would tie up with Civic SI I wonder wher can i get 30 more HP????
Old 02-02-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
cai = very little HP and a loss of gas mileage that makes it not worth it IMO. youll never find one of those im my civic
Old 02-02-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point

<<

<< headers intake and exhuast would definetly give more than 5-8 hp, the cold air intake alone would give minimum 8 hp if u have the aem cold air intake. you can get the bypass valve for the cold air intake to prevent the intake from sucking in water.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] >>

Hahaha maybe on a H22A you would gain 8hp, not on a D17A though buddy!!

hahahaha!!!!![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]8hp from CAI[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
>>

u got him first! i wanted to be the one that laughs![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] the Cai is mor elike minimum of 0, max of like.. 3.. you'll be pushin it[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-02-2002
Registered!!

NBlarson is an unknown quantity at this point
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG], haha, yeah, 8 hp of a cai, suuuuure. Good luck with that, you'll be lucky to get 8-10 out of IHE. The d block doesn't respond very well to mods. And you can't just add hp on top of eachother, it doesn't work that way i.e. "well I saw a dyno sheet that said that so and so exhaust gives me 5 hp and another dyno sheet said i get 4 hp for this one intake, well damn thats 9 hp." Nope, sorry, doesn't work that way sonny. Plus factory dyno's will often be exaggerated, they will take care of every factor to make their numbers as inflated as possible. Don't believe me? Go have your car dynoed after ur intake, I'll bet you don't gain more than 2 hp. I think I saw the a short ram intake dynoed by a third party and it had a gain of 1.1 hp, don't expect big numbers. 8 hp....[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] , sure I'll drink to that! [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-03-2002
GTR
Registered!!

GTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Next time please post this in appropriate forum.

Moving to "Products and Parts"
Old 02-03-2002
Registered!!

DogstyleEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Newbies showing their true color..[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-03-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Import Tuner got a total of 6 HP with a TCS and an intake, total to the wheels.