Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

coilover & springs??

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SuperCivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
coilover & springs??

Hey, i was just wondering..whats the different between coilovers and spring and which one is good?
I did a research and i found a coilover on the internet for like $800 and above on almost everysite
and when i went to a store nearby, i saw one for $200,but i didnt get one cuz i think that is bad
comparing to the $800. Shocks!! what is shock? so there is coilovers, spring, and shock to choose from.

well, reply soon plz[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

fogbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Now, I'm new to this stuff but I beleive coilovers are adjustable and stuff as for springs they're not. Shocks are completely different. But if you lower your car then you're probably going to want to get new shocks cause they're life will most likely but a lot less when lowering your car.
Old 01-28-2002
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
i like coilovers.... but springs are cool too... coilovers you can use when you feel like cruising er something cause you can drop the car and raise it back up when you need to make it into a commuter car again...
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
coilovers-----you can adjust the spring on the STRUT....(not shock).......there for you can raise and drop your car to the height you want......although most people do not do this regularly cause then you have to realign your car........
they get coilovers to get the perfect and even drop height......

springs.....cheaper althgough generally ride "smoother" .......
cons= sometimes back end might sag abit or its not the exact drop height your lookin for

the springs on the coilovers are shorter therfore stiffer.......coilovers are alot bumpier than springs.......only unless you get springs that drop 2.5.....which i hope you dont.........
any way there it is
peace[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

Maverick is an unknown quantity at this point
when you get springs, you utililize a new spring with your current shock. definitely recommend getting new shocks or struts eventually. this is definitely a smoother ride. most coilovers you buy come with new shocks internally and a shorter spring over a threaded sleeve thus allowing you to raise or lower, but it is a pain( you have to take wheels off on most models and you may have to get realigned) this is definitely a stiffer ride. in my opinion, figure out the drop you want and just go with springs, coilovers are great for show cars because you can really slam it for shows
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

Speedracer32 is an unknown quantity at this point
i say if you have good weather in your area then you shouldnt' have to get coilovers
it's a preference thing. if your goin to shows and need to raise and lower your car you will definitely need them. Or if it snows or rains a lot you should get them too

Springs are good. just make sure you know the right height you want your car to be lowered.
the only bad thing is once you install them your stuck at the height. no more no less.
but the performance of them, from what i've read and heard are good
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

Speedracer32 is an unknown quantity at this point
o and the coilovers you probably saw for 800 dollars were the real coilovers that replace your stock struts and springs and are adjustable

the ones for around 200 are just the sleeves that go over your stock struts which is why they blow out easy cause they aren't use to riding with that much pressure at a lower stance
down the road most people replace them anyway

hope this helps some
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
yes.....GC coilovers come w/ no struts,,,,,just srping and coilover......350$

Neuspeed comes w/ koni struts,springs and coilover part.........750$

springs w/ koni struts......400-500$

w/ springs you can use your stock struts......yes they will wear out in time.....or if you have big drop you can blow them.....
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-28-2002
Registered!!

SuperCivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think im posting at the wrong place..but its ok.. well thanks for all the info you guys gave me, it helps me alot!