Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

polar starter/alarms

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JesterSpaceCowboy is an unknown quantity at this point
polar starter/alarms

does anyone know how well the alarms are that come with the starter alarm combo
i really want a car starter but NEED an alarm, are there any suggestions?
Old 01-27-2002
Mr. Negative
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
I have done my research in this area. The shops around here sell the Polar Starts. One shop told me they are good. The other guy told me they have a good start, but the alarm could be better. My friend has the Polar Start on his Jeep Grand cherroke, and he said he likes it and has had no problems. The second guy I talked to has an alarm-remote start combo called Aladin. Here is the website if you wanna check it out:Aladin Its kind of like the Compustar with the aspect of the remote. Kind of cool, I am thinking about that one. Many people swear by Compustar, but for 749 bucks, I can spend my money on something else. The other shop here sells an Alarm-remote start made by JTI. I have never heard of them, but this one has a better alarm than the Polar Start. I have also seen combo's made by Viper, and Avital. I would suggust staying away from Avital's because I heard they were bought out, and their product has gone downhill. I want a good alarm because I dont want my $hit stolen, or my car messed with even though it is pretty much stock. It also depends on how much you want to spend, and what kind of features you want. Just like with anything else, do your research, and see what fits your needs.