Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

NEX Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
NEX Coilovers

Hey everyone,
I've been watching 2k1civic.com for a long time now, but never took the time to sign up. Well i was readin that some of you are considering the NEX coilovers, and i just had to sign up and tell you how awsome they are!!! I had them installed about 3 weeks ago, and it is litterally night and day difference over stock. They are amazing coilovers!!! So if you have the cash, i would highly recomend that you go out and get a set for yourself.
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

CivicVTec is an unknown quantity at this point
do u have any pics?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-24-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Definately post pics. No problems installing them? Just plug and play? No modifications required? Lowering and raising isn't a problem? Post a review in the reviews section.
Old 02-07-2002
Registered!!

Sorry that i've taken a long time to respond to this. My computer has been giving me hell. Anyways, no pics yet of my car on the internet, but that will change soon. As for installation, it was plug and go. No troubles at all, adjusting the car is really easy to do. The coilovers give a great look, and are a much much much better setup over the ground control coilovers. Sorry to everyone that has the ground control. Yes, the NEX does lower the center of gravity, not just lowers your car. It is night and day difference over stock. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 02-07-2002
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
i def want to get a full coilover setup over springs or GC's. i am hoping that a nice set comes out for the RSX soon. i saw the nex set at groupbuycenter for 899. so are they really that good; how bout a warranty? did you use a camber kit and how hard were they to install?
Old 02-07-2002
Registered!!

DonJuan is an unknown quantity at this point
Alll I wanna know is - when you slammmmmm your ride........IS IT STILL COMFORTABLE??????????????? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Also, you've told us the good things about this product, now tell us the bad. Meaning, is there anything (from your experience) that you DON'T like about NEX Coilovers? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

- Thanks for your feedback

Old 02-07-2002
Registered!!

genterara is an unknown quantity at this point
so, no weird noises while turning?
i'm concerned about the ride's comfort too
Old 02-07-2002
Registered!!

slam2k1civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I had the nex coilovers on my cl type S and it worked great.
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

slikor is an unknown quantity at this point
do the NEX's require any modifcation whatsoever to install them? like w/ the koni's for our cars, you have to friggin cut the stock strut up to install them...anything like that w/ the NEX's? also, can you make them not lower your car at all, or is even the highest setting lowered from stock height?
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

VanDizKo is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought the Nex SR for my 2001 Civic EX last week on groupbuy, and just received it yesterday. I checked the parts out, it looked very nice with quality product construction. It is a must have for style, handling performance, and most of all affordable. Just need to wait for the crap of snow gone so I can install them in my ride by April.
Here is the pic NEX SR

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] NEX-SR.jpg (42 Kb)
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

slikor is an unknown quantity at this point
VanDizKo: do the NEX's look like they will just bolt on in place of the stock suspension, or do they require modification?

let us know how they work, man[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-08-2002
Registered!!

VanDizKo is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Slikor, I have not install the NEX SR in my ride yet, but I do have the kit at home, and according to what I know is you do not need any parts or mods to install the NEX SR. It comes with upper mounted for for the struts and the wrench, all you gotta do is plug and play. However, you need to buy either Ingalls Engineering or ProcSpec Front/Rear Camber adjustment kit to low your ride (WHEELS/TIRES). Both companies, do have the full kit in store now, they offer Front = +/- 2degs and Rear = +/- 3 degs.
Old 02-10-2002
Registered!!

Ive told you guys only good things about this product, because there are only good things to say. Of course you are going to have the "clanking" noise from the rear coilovers, but that is true from any setup. No strange noises through the turns...the only thing that you will hear is your tires screaching when you are pulling turns that you could only take at 40mph with your stock setup, at 70mph. Ive heard of people having to buy camber kits for their setup, and actually i just bought a camber kit just in case, but i didnt need it at all. If you have the cash, go ahead and buy these coilovers...they are amazing.
P.S.- someone asked about warranty...NEX hasnt come out with the offical paper work, but i called them up and they said that they will cover you for unlimited miles for one year on natural wear. Thats about the onyl down fall of this kit...im ok with taking tthat risk for being able to rip on the back roads. ENJOY!!
Old 02-21-2002
Registered!!

Simkin is an unknown quantity at this point
Which version do you have SS or SR? Do you notice any toe-in problems with the front tires? If there is, would a camber kit fix this?

I'm thinking about purchasing these coilovers for my car for autocrossing, but I don't want to waste my money on them if they just cause more suspension problems...

]SiMKiN[
Old 02-21-2002
Registered!!

the NEX suspension is all good when i got it. I went ahead and bought the camber kit just incase though. It would probably be a good idea to this whenever you lower a car no matter which setup you use. I just read that someone else got these coilovers on their car. Good for them...they rock!!!
Old 02-22-2002
Registered!!

I forgot to mention...i have the SR's