Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

To Be Loud or Not to Be Loud......

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
waross is an unknown quantity at this point
To Be Loud or Not to Be Loud......

OK here's the deal. '05 Civic Coupe EX SE. Have put AEM SRI and just put on HP Racing header and exhuast last night. Came with a an insert in the muffler that knocks down the noise to that of a factory exhaust; although it stills has that deep rumble to it (Nice). There were two bolts holding the insert in place; took them out and pulled the insert out. Opens the exhaust up for a free flow of exhaust. However, the noise level goes up as well. Not so loud that I woke up the whole neighborhood or that you can't drive down the street without getting a headache.

Debate is this leave the insert out or put it back in and knock the noise level down?

Pros and cons on both sides? What are they? Will I lose gain or not, etc?

Thanks in advance for all the advice.
Old 05-21-2005
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Spray paint it flat black then put it in.
Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

waross is an unknown quantity at this point
Good idea but what effect on performance....??
Old 05-21-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
idk if a muffler silencer can reduce "performance". its located at the very end of the exhaust pipings. i would only guess it would increase more back pressure as the airflow is jammed into the piping having a harder time exiting the pipes (muffler).

but leave it on and you can make not only your neighbors lives easier, but the public in general.

if this is on a civic, i doubt you would even notice a decrease or increase in performance messing with a silencer. i agree with painting it black, it hides. when it shows, it looks like ***.
Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
performance wise with what you got you won't feel much of a difference with the silencer on or off. Just decide if you want it loud or not.