Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Maxspeed Coilovers....

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WorldsSlowestEm2 will become famous soon enough
Maxspeed Coilovers....

Hey guys, i was just trying to get an opinion on Maxspeed Coilovers cuz i heard they were good from a reliable source saying that they are better than Ground COntrol, Any opinions??
Old 11-27-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
sleeve type coilovers are not a good idea for street use unless you don't care about your ride quality and want to bounce around like a basketball all over the street + as an added bonus you get to blow your shocks almost immediatley because you will most definatley be going lower than 2' with coilovers or whats the point right.....unless you are going to be doing some seriouse road course racing where the hardest spring set up works best. if you want to look good and handle better just get a good set of springs around the 2' inch drop area....if you want super agressive look and great handling get a true coilover kit that basically replaces your entire shock spring assembly....so you get proper shocks to match your adjustable ride height springs... the ride can get bouncy depending on how low you go but its much better than the sleeve design coilovers...the tough part is true coilover systems start at about 5xs the price of the sleeved kind.. but you are also getting the shocks that you would need to replace almost immediatley with a sleeve type kit...if you have lots of $$$ and want to look super aggresive get true coilovers... if you will be happy with a 2' inch drop, springs are the most cost effective and reliable + comfortable way to go....i don't see sleeve type coilovers like maxspeed or arospeeed or gc's as a good way to go..I learned the hard way and so did alot of my friends... I hope this helps....