Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Front Upper Altezza Grille

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
qgt_racing2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Front Upper Altezza Grille

hey ppl..
i juss got my upper front grille.. n im wondering if i can install it without taking the front bumper off?? or do i have to? ive seen many of u guys have it on.. so if u kno anythin bout this.. lemme know... thanx..
Old 05-15-2004
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
maybe you should get the grill's lip painted? (just a suggestion)

you don't have to take the bumper off, there's a way of just removing a couple clips and some screws and pulling the top of the bumper forward. It's probably easier than taking the bumper off by yourself.

I like to be able to see everything so I pull my whole bumper off when I have a DIY to do

hold on let me search for the instructions
Old 05-15-2004
Registered!!

instructions? cool mann, thanx... so i juss pop off the clips under the hood then? cuz i dont really wanna take the bumper off...
Old 05-15-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah. Just take off the clips for the grill cover and the screw on either side of the bumper (under the wheel well). Then you have to unclip the bumper from the sides and underneath the headlights.
Old 05-15-2004
Registered!!

cosmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Test fit it before you get any painting done, that way if it doesn't fit right you won't be out any money for paint.
Old 05-15-2004
Registered!!

really.. u meen sum wont fit rite.. i thought if its made of ABS plastic.. it'll fit good.. cuz u cant really modify that kinda plastic... i got mine painted already.. but i dint test fit it first... aww mann.. hope it fits...
thanx guys..
Old 05-15-2004
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
it will fit. they're all the same (the altezza grills). the only thing that wont fit is the radiator cover. Aftermarket grills were designed with a sedan as the model.

You can just not use a radiator cover, or go to your dealership and have them order a sedan radiator cover for you ( ) or you can go here and order one for yourself:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...5=FRONT+GRILLE
(item # 2 in the diagram)
Old 05-15-2004
Registered!!

cosmo is an unknown quantity at this point
They arn't all the same, thats like saying all 6x9 speakers are the same, different compaines means different quality/fitting product. The sedan radiator cover will work in place of your current rad cover, that is, if you have a coupe.
Old 05-15-2004
Registered!!

if you were talking about after market hoods and body kits, then that would apply. Since there's several different materials body kits are available in

All altezza grills are ABS black plastic. and the only mainstream company that produces these is APC. Everything else a generic (molded from the original) and it probably came in a cardboard mystery box and plastic bag.

who here can admit they bought an APC grill?
and the companies you bought it from aren't the people who made it. They get it wholesale from somewhere else (the manufacturer)

I didn't pay $99 for it. They guy selling it from eBay did, but my winning bid was $50 over 2 years ago... took me that long to get it painted and install it
since APC is crap, then generic stuff is crappier

Last edited by XxSoVeReiGNxX; 05-15-2004 at 04:14 PM.