Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Protected by Viper...Stand Back

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuchs is an unknown quantity at this point
Protected by Viper...Stand Back

Recently in the past three months my car has been keyed 3 times. Twice in the past two weeks. I am so sick of these punk bi+ches that think it's fun to fu(k with other peoples cars. I don't know if is because they are jealous of my ride or if it is because I am an American, but I don't have a clue who it could be. BTW I am stationed in Germany.

I have decided to buy an alarm. I don't want a pos.... I want one of the best you can buy. Has anyone had any experience with the new Viper 790XV or 791XV? The alarm seems to have almost everything, including remote start, proximity sensors on everything, and a little display remote that pages you if your alarm goes off.

I found a site that said they have it for 500.00 installed. When I went to the German audio store I go to, this guy tells me it will be around 1000 euro's(1 euro = .80) That just doesn't sound right to me for there to be that big of a price difference.

Any Feedback?
Old 04-01-2004
Ricerus Maximus

clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
I've got the Viper 300(?) model and it works fine, proximity sensors are on the way.

I much prefer my other security system though

PROTECTED BY GLOCK9
Old 04-01-2004
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
stationed in germany , well thats part of yoru first problem being in the military (ex army myself) can contirubute to why you are gettign keyed. The other reason maybe jealousy. As for the cost the euro is changing daily so don't believe the website is as accurate. the viper 300 with proximity is a good model I had no issues with it.
Old 04-01-2004
Registered!!

kevin78 is an unknown quantity at this point
i'd go with one of the 2 alarms u r looking into i have the 790xv, its really good but be advised the 2 way responder does not work too well depending on where you are ..such as in buildings , unless you have a window view of your car . also the proximity sensors are a pain in the *** sometimes due to the fact that they are very sensitive and even rain or a car passing by will trigger a full alarm ..but they can also be turned off so its not that bad
Old 04-01-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally posted by clownprince

PROTECTED BY GLOCK9
damn right
Old 04-01-2004
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
I have the viper 690vx(790vx minus remote start).

I have perimeter sensor and programmable voice module on the car. The perimeter sensor is a bitch to tune. It goes off all the time. Especially if you have tinted windows or if the weather changes drastically. The voice module is cool because I can have it say whatever i want.
Old 04-01-2004
Registered!!

2k1civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Read this post

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...5&pagenumber=1
Old 04-01-2004
Registered!!

i'm gonna get the 791xv and have a friend who used to install alarms put it on for me. thanks for the input.
Old 04-01-2004
§C§H§O§C§O§B§O

chocobo15_2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
i heard you can't install the 790/791's if you have a manual transmission. did the alarm ppl lie to me? they said under their policy, they can't install these kinds of alarms on a manual car, but they CAN do the 690...
Old 04-01-2004
Registered!!

it can be physically installed and the remote start will actually work on a stick .but they say that to prevent them from being liable in the event your car is remote started and injures or kills someone
Old 04-01-2004
Registered!!

a couple of my friends has them instaled on their cars and they are all stick ....the only thing you really have to remember and do religiously is never leave your car in gear when you park ..or you can get the really gay safety feature that most places will know off ... you basically have to prep the car before you leave it every time to be remote started ( you park, set the emergency brake, put the car in neutral, do the valet takeover/remote start while the car is still running, remove the key, exit the car, lock it, remote start shutdown) if you dont and try to remote start the car it wont work.
Old 04-01-2004
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
i have a 790, sometimes i hate it. the remote is too big, i go through batteries once a month, blah. the viper 300 is too cheap for me tho, id rather get a viper 850xv considering its much more expandable to other features. i personally want to get a viper 560xv which shares all the features of the 791xv, including the remote start but with the exception of the LCD remote. prox is a bitch and will probably **** people off so much itll make them want to mess with your car even more. id suggest having the shock sensor set pretty high and maybe a glass breakage sensor. if you have rims that you value you might want to consider a tilt sensor. the voice module is also a pain in the *** to install, and i hate it.

my car is a stick and ive never had a problem with it starting in gear. if you put your hand brake up it wont move that far anyways, nor does it move fast. considering you can buy a new 791xv on ebay for about $250, im gonna say that $500 is a tad too much.

edit: i installed a trunk pop/shocks on my car and since the remote is so big, everytime i kneel down to work on a car at work or what have you...i hear my remote beep...i end up having to stop what im doing and close my trunk atleast 3 times a day. but thats probably not a problem many people would have.

Last edited by SkipBarber; 04-01-2004 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-01-2004
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about
i got that new viper alarm ur talkin about fuchs. awesome.
Old 04-02-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by 1siksivik
i got that new viper alarm ur talkin about fuchs. awesome.
You had it installed professionally though right? I am gonna install it myself like I said with a guy who did this for like four years. I don't think it can be that hard as long as you have a mechanical and electrical sense.
Old 04-02-2004
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about
i had my friend install it and hes a pro. thats all he does all day. alarms and stereos.