Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

A/f

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004
Need....More....Mods

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02civic is an unknown quantity at this point
A/f

I've got me a nitrous kit and i'm just in the process of picking up the pieces needed to get it ready to go. Gauges are one thing i'm looking into but i'm curious about the A/F gauge.
At first i was gunna pic up an autometer A/F gauge...but i've had several people tell me not to even bother. They all said that it wont tell me anything important since its so inaccurate.
Now i'll be hooking the nitrous up...they tell me that it'll tell me a reading at idle, but if i really give'er and spray....even if my reading went extremely rich/lean...it wouldnt showup...so basically its a waste of $100 bucks.

So i was considering buying a mechanical fuel pressure gauge instead...let me know what you think. Should i be ok without an A/F gauge??
Old 05-18-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thefivespeeder is a jewel in the roughthefivespeeder is a jewel in the roughthefivespeeder is a jewel in the rough
bump
Old 05-18-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 02civic
I've got me a nitrous kit and i'm just in the process of picking up the pieces needed to get it ready to go. Gauges are one thing i'm looking into but i'm curious about the A/F gauge.
At first i was gunna pic up an autometer A/F gauge...but i've had several people tell me not to even bother. They all said that it wont tell me anything important since its so inaccurate.
Now i'll be hooking the nitrous up...they tell me that it'll tell me a reading at idle, but if i really give'er and spray....even if my reading went extremely rich/lean...it wouldnt showup...so basically its a waste of $100 bucks.

So i was considering buying a mechanical fuel pressure gauge instead...let me know what you think. Should i be ok without an A/F gauge??
Purchase a wideband O2 sensor like AEM, PLX, Innovative....
Old 05-18-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reefer_bob is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dezod
Purchase a wideband O2 sensor like AEM, PLX, Innovative....
This is your best bet. Narrow Band A/F meters don't really do much at all except bounc around. A wide band will do wonders for you. They are expensive though.

A Fuel Pressure gauge won't really do much for you. Heck, I'd rather have an Oil Temp Gauge than anything else.