Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

ex exhaust on lx civic?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
ex exhaust on lx civic?

yeah i was wondering what the difference between an lx and ex exhaust system is? is it just that the lx has the cat in the exhaust manifold and the ex has it further down? i want to order a greddy exhaust but i can get an ex version right now for half the price so i was wondering if i could stick the ex version of it on my 2001 lx civic?
Old 01-29-2004
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
it won't fit without modification, so it isn't worth it.
Old 01-29-2004
Registered!!

what kind of modifications? i might be able to do it.
Old 01-29-2004
Registered!!

HTOWNBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by ricergribbs
what kind of modifications? i might be able to do it.
If you want to get a aftermarket exhaust system for a EX and have a LX. you need to get the EX header, downpipe (also known as the "B" pipe), and the cat back system you want.
The "B" pipe sells for over a grand at the dealer(becuase of the cat.). If you want one I can sell you one for $300. you also have to lengthen the wires for the oxygen sensor after the cat.
PM me if you have any questions or if your interested for the B pipe. i'll be glad to help you out.
Old 01-29-2004
Registered!!

well the catback system im getting is downpipe back, and i also can get the ex header for a much lower price, didnt realize i actually needed it though. 02 sensor i realized i would need to extend and i actually have a shop by my house where i could order the needed wiring. so it wouldnt be a big problem if this is all i need. thanks for the info, time to go save some money .
Old 01-29-2004
Registered!!

Kloverz has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I have a Lx and ill tell you what go get a aftermarket exhuast with a aftermarket Header remember this when using ex stuff exhuast etc. you will have problems on the 02 sensor ur cel light will come on. thats when you need a 02 sim, but really you will free up alot of flow you will actually feel some gain,
Old 01-30-2004
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
you might also have to take your front sway bar off because it might interfere with the piping. I personally don't think it is worth it unless you are saving over $400-500 on the whole set up. That way if something doesn't fit, you have the cash to pay someone to make it fit.
Old 01-30-2004
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
here is what you need.

1. Any ex header
2. Ex O2 sensor wires. get them here: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...catdisplay.jsp
3. Get the ex exhaust
4. Have a "B" pipe with a ODB II cat made or get this from random technologies

either way you might have to have bungs welded in for the O2 sensors.