Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Spoon's new shift knob ** PICS - PAGE 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Spoon's new shift **** ** PICS - PAGE 2

Ok, I must first start out with...
NA NANA NANANAAAAAAAAAAAA
I'm the first one to get it ... and since it isn't technically out yet... It'll stay that way (well, I know of one other person who as one, but they went and go them)... so I'm still the first customer to get one.
Anyways... this thing is like a christmas orniment. I was surprised when I got it... it weighs next to nothing..... I came to find out, its actually hollow and feels delicate, which is why its so light. Its shiny titanium with the "oil can" top finish... looks very sweet, reflects everything.
Its a little smaller than I thought it would be, but sits very short on the shifter, making the throw seem pretty quick. Its downside and upside likes in its lightweight. It requires a little effort to throw, but you get it back in the extra feel you pick up... actually feeling the direct "click" into each gear is a good thing.
Now before you cry for pictures, I'll give you a couple good reasons why I don't have them...
Its dark, its 20 degrees, its snowing, and my roomate has my digicam at the moment. on top of that, the shift boot is floating loose while I wait for my custom boot retainer to come back from the machine shop (I had to have M24x1 threads turned on it). So when its all together, you can see it. I assure you it looks sweet.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 12-16-2003 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-13-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
INCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
damnit...i cant wait for the pics. does it look anything like the one now or what?(besides the titanium finish)
Old 12-13-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Nothing looks like it, it bears the general shape of the older ITR *****... its not titanium finish... it actually is Titanium.
Old 12-13-2003
Registered!!

INCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
im jealous!
Old 12-13-2003
Registered!!

Elite is an unknown quantity at this point
i wouldn't be bragging about something that gives you looks but something that actually does something for you car, we all wouldn't mind the wait, I give u congrats. I'm sure we all wouldn't mind having one either.
Old 12-13-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Originally posted by Elite
i wouldn't be bragging about something that gives you looks but something that actually does something for you car, we all wouldn't mind the wait, I give u congrats. I'm sure we all wouldn't mind having one either.
Have you actually felt the ****? It saves weight. The damn thing is so light that you would think that the box it arrived in was empty.

anyways...........

Congrats Boilermaker.......but I know that Greg got his first....hehehe So you are second. Maybe I will be third
Old 12-13-2003

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Originally posted by dumdumdooams
dude first of all, nobody cares if you were really 1st customer which you probably werent. Second why do you need such lightweight direct feel for your stock honda tranny mated to such a weak d17 engine? Third dont this pst this crap when unless you have pics already i dont care if its 20 degrees or 122 and why is it always the roommate having a digicam.
here is a pic.......now shutup n00b........

If you knew anything about boilermaker, then you would know that he owns people's asses on autocross courses all the time. So he is doing godlike things with his "weak d17". So just because you suck with your 7thgen doesn't mean that the rest of us good drivers do too.

Old 12-13-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Thanks fly...
now, if you knew anything at all, you'd know the **** has a mid January release. So having it mid December, getting it basically from the hands of the president of Spoon Japan, and Greg's fast shipping means I'm probably in the first handful of US customers to get one.

Why not go ask guys winning SCCA CSP championships in 70 HP CRXs what they think about "whimpy" Honda engines and direct feeling through the gear box.
Try the same for people with 108 HP Civic Si's winning STS championships... pounding cars with upwards of 200 HP.
****in idiot.

Oh like all you people didn't drool over the first person to put 30 lb 19" wheels on.
Why not go get one and find out what it feels like first.
Old 12-13-2003
Registered!!

prawdigy is an unknown quantity at this point
thats a f*ckin sickass lookin ****.. congrats on gettin that and bein one of the first. how much was it?
Old 12-13-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
You suck boilermaker1!. Beat me to it hahahaha
Old 12-13-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally posted by prawdigy
thats a f*ckin sickass lookin ****.. congrats on gettin that and bein one of the first. how much was it?
A lot.... more than you think a shift **** should cost, but not as much as an OEM Titanium would cost.
Old 12-13-2003
Registered!!

Anotherslo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
GREAT looking shift ****. How much was it?
Old 12-13-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
There is GB at s2ki.com
98 Shipped.
Old 12-13-2003

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showth...hreadid=164494

Old 12-13-2003

Here are the weights........

Stock '02 S2000 **** ~ 232g

Honda Ti ~ 240g

Spoon Ti ~ 17.5g

Last edited by CarbonFly; 12-13-2003 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-13-2003
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
i thought the point of a heavy shift **** was so you could throw it in gear faster...?

Wow this is EXTREME when it comes to weight savings....
Old 12-13-2003
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
almost as extreme as grey's gas door weight savings
Old 12-13-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

I never said it was about weight savings. I knew it was light, but hell... 220g is nothing when the car weighs about 1050 kg. It was more that it looked cool, it warms up much faster than aluminum, and I wanted it. So yeah... I spend money on performance parts all summer, so i can buy a rice part in the middle of the winter... oh well. Having a heavy **** helps throw it in gear faster because of momentum, but in theory, it takes more work to move it. Since its so light, its just a matter of I now have to push it but not nearly as hard, but its much more of a direct feeling. I haven't tried slam shifting/quick shifting/race shifting/whatever you call it, but I'll have a better report when the roads clear regarding the weight of it and its effect on shifting speed and accuracy. With the stock **** vs my Momo **** it was a little easier to move the shifter around with the momo one, but also a lot easier to miss the gates. The lighter ones just seem to give a better feeling of the gates... you can tell when you hit it, its more of a click than a dull thump with a thick heavy one. I still have my Momo one and my stock one... I'll play some comparison games over break and we'll see what I think. I do plan on selling my momo one... if anyone is interested, let me know.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 12-13-2003 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-14-2003
Pro Skater

blue03civic is an unknown quantity at this point
thats really nice congrats
Old 12-14-2003
awd pwnz j00

import2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
congrats!
Old 12-14-2003
2003 Nissan Frontier

cryption should not be trusted
sweet bro, i think it looks tight
Old 12-14-2003
Registered!!

Elite is an unknown quantity at this point
i think it looks gay mine looks better
Old 12-14-2003
Jam out with your clam out.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
i think it looks pretty good. i like it. how much did it cost you?
Old 12-14-2003

Originally posted by Elite
i think it looks gay mine looks better
yea well until you did your swap, your automatic **** was the gayest thing around.
Old 12-14-2003
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
Looks nice, but I'm gonna stick with my Mugen shift ****.
Old 12-14-2003
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
Looks awesome but not my style. Congrats on the buy tho. I saw that a few days ago when Greg got back.
Old 12-14-2003
Registered!!

GoOkStA is an unknown quantity at this point
ill stick wit my greddy shift ****
Old 12-14-2003
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
heh...small ****...heh...
Old 12-16-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Note 1: Its kinda dark, had to use flash, but you get the idea
Note 2: The boot is flopping, I'm having the retainer made right now, I will have better pics when I get my holder upper back.

Old 12-16-2003
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
Nicee where do you get the retainer made at?

Quick Reply: Spoon's new shift knob ** PICS - PAGE 2