Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Bomex

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003
make it a habit
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vivid_BLUE will become famous soon enough
Question Bomex

How can you tell a genuine Bomex kit from a knockoff? Because a local shop quoted me a price, and when aerotrends quoted me a cheaper price, the shop told me it's because it's a knockoff. I kinda don't believe him but I thought Aerotrends were an authorized dealer of Bomex.
Old 11-30-2003
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Someone told me authorized dealers get permission from bomex to make replicas then use the bomex name and bomex stickers and market it as real bomex. dunno. Just get a knockoff from ebay. Everyone eventually cracks their front bumpers anyway. Why make it a $1300 loss. *shrug*
Old 11-30-2003
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
does aerotrends have a website.......it would be called boss then, not bomex. The difference is the price.....like a couple hundred dollars.
Old 11-30-2003
make it a habit

www.aerotrends.com
Old 11-30-2003
make it a habit

Originally posted by armieo
Someone told me authorized dealers get permission from bomex to make replicas then use the bomex name and bomex stickers and market it as real bomex. dunno. Just get a knockoff from ebay. Everyone eventually cracks their front bumpers anyway. Why make it a $1300 loss. *shrug*
So you are saying it is safe to order a knockoff from ebay? Has anyone ordered a kit from ebay and have gotten good results?
Old 11-30-2003
Registered!!

DigitalShin is an unknown quantity at this point
I have actually gone to AeroTrends. They provide good service from what I've experienced. I got a Kaminari lipspoiler for a great deal too..just my two cents about Aerotrends.
Old 11-30-2003
Registered!!

TunedNCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by nonVTEC
So you are saying it is safe to order a knockoff from ebay? Has anyone ordered a kit from ebay and have gotten good results?
DO NOT ORDER THE KIT FROM EBAY!!! Bomex isnt a $1300 kit anymore. They dropped there prices. PM showstopperusa on this site. They are an authorized dealer. Price for a kit now is $620 retail, chuck can probably do it cheaper than that. The kit from ebay doesnt fit well, and there is alot of prep work involved in getting it ready for paint. I have the authentic Bomex from showstoppers, perfect fit and gel coated. All you have to do is wet sand it and paint it. TRUST ME YOU WILL REGRET IT IF YOU GET THE BOSS KIT ON EBAY. It will cost you twice as much for installation and painting.
Old 12-01-2003
Registered!!

Colombian4Lyf is an unknown quantity at this point
aero trends is pretty good, I ordered my kit from them have not had any problems...