Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Gauge pod for civic sedan? (UPDATE)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I want to bump this. Has anyone found a dual pod that will fit sedans? I need to get a second a/f gauge, but there's no room for it. Does the propod dual fit okay?
Old 07-05-2004
Prowlin' with a Purpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough

it fits ok theres a little gap on top but thats not that bad... personally i like them, but the vendor i got them from took FOREVER to get them shipped
Old 07-05-2004
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
how hard is it to wire a guage to the car? for electrical guages it's just wires that go from guage to respective ecu wiring, correct?
Old 07-05-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Voltmeter is cake. Ignition power and a ground. Plus dash lighting. I'm looking for a good a/f gauge, but the company I like doesn't make them. ;(
Old 07-05-2004
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough
wiring for electrical gauges are a cakewalk... just gotta know which wire u wanna tap into, volt gauges just need a battery signal from anything.. like your 12volt socket...
Old 07-06-2004
Registered!!

ironcow is on a distinguished road
i just got a pro pods dual pod on ebay for 18.95 and it fits perfectly

ill post pics tomorrow when i get it installed

holla
Old 09-05-2004
Premium Member

Can you post the pics? I took out my single because there was too much gap and didn't line up right. Maybe the dual is better?

And has any company come up with one specifically for a sedan? You know people mods sedans too!!
Old 09-05-2004
i love my morreale

eddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of light
you can get sinlge or dual pods from sunpro at jcwsportcompact.com
Old 09-05-2004
Premium Member

Those are universal. I very much doubt they'll fit right.
Old 12-01-2004
Registered!!

tbaleno is an unknown quantity at this point
Gearbox, Its been a while since this was first posted but I wanted to update you on wnat I did. I bought the dual pod gauge cluster from silver image racing http://www.silverimageracing.com/pd_01.cfm . It covers the existing gauges a bit so I'm removing some of the plastic from the pod section using a dremel. The pods are like 5" deep so you can cut away a lot from the pod. I then plan to use some fiberglass or something to reconstruct the bit of the cluster that was blocking the existing gauges. I'll update again if I can get pictures when I'm done.
Old 12-01-2004

baggedblue02 will become famous soon enoughbaggedblue02 will become famous soon enough
if anyone wants to mount gauges and doesn't want to start drilling into their pillar. Or just wants to experiment with it. I've got a pillar that I took off mine and replaced (to go back stock with out a lot of holes) that I will sell.