Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

water temp gauge

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
freestylex83 is an unknown quantity at this point
water temp gauge

hey guys, i recently installed my auto/fuel and water temp gauge in my 03 civic. i got my auto/fuel gauge to work perfectly fine, but for some reason i couldnt get my water temp to work. i mean i got it to light up, but i just cant find how to hook it up to the water temp in my engine. help please??
Old 10-14-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Is it monitoring something different than your stock water temp gauge? j/w.
Old 10-14-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
first thing... find your *****. Then hope they are really big... cuz you're gonna have to drill the block to get the sensor in.
Trace the upper radiator hose to the block. On top of the fitting on the block there is a cylindrical piece in the casting sticking up (the stock Intake resonator bolts to the top of it. You're gonna need to pull that bolt out, drill it through to the cooling line and tap it to install the sensor. Use thread seal, and drain the system before you do it... otherwise it'll be under pressure and you'll get an antifreeze shower, not to mention aluminium chips in your cooling lines. That will measure the water temp leaving the engine head... which is what you will want to know.
Old 10-16-2003
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Uh, but seriously tho, don't we get a water temp gauge stock?
Old 10-16-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Its an idiot meter. Have you ever seen that thing in the cluster move? No. Its just there to make some old lady feel safe that her car isn't over heating. If it actually measured water temp... it would be bouncing all over the place depending on driving conditions.
Old 10-16-2003
Premium Member

Cool. I just know mine takes longer to go up when it's cold out, and I never redline it until it's warm.

Thanks, I always wondered why people add another gauge we have stock. Now I know.