Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Magnaflow or DC Sports TCS

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lidcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Magnaflow or DC Sports TCS

Which one is better in your opinion and why...
Old 09-17-2003
Registered!!

SlickCivic2K3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Magnaflow or DC Sports TCS

Originally posted by lidcivic
Which one is better in your opinion and why...
Better is a relative term. It all depends on what you want. If you want price, then the Magnaflow is better. The Magnaflow retails for $444.10, while to DC Sports TCS retails for $699.95. Sound and performance wise, that depends on what you want. If you SEARCH, then you can find sound clips and information that will let you hear those exhausts.

SlickCivic2K3
Old 09-17-2003
Registered!!

Ok, lets get specific...

I HAVE a magnaflow, I am GETTING a DC Sports TCS on Friday...I have been looking around the forums and noticed that some people say DC Sport is a bad company, then others say that about Magnaflow...I don't know if I want to keep the Magnaflow after I get the DC Sport TCS...

I wanted people to post their opinions on which one they think is better and why...
Old 09-17-2003
Registered!!

anyone???
Old 09-17-2003
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road
I don't have either, but I've done research on both for a long time. I've read that they say Magnaflow gives you more HP (not like you're gonna get a lot from just any exhaust anyway), and it sounds pretty decent, not too loud. The only complaint I've heard is that the muffler is too damn big, or at least it hangs too low. Everybody scrapes, even those without their cars lowered.

The TCS is ok too. It has a "nice low tone." I hear its really heavy though. Tanabe, Greddy, Apex'i folks will tell you to get JDM parts, because they're better. Facts have proven that they actually are kinda better. I would go with JDM, if not then the Magnaflow.

As for myself, I just bought the HKS Hiper Rear Secition from a guy on this site. He should be sending it this week, so I can't wait!
Old 09-17-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I've heard the TCS sounds great but looks stupid and doesn't give any gains. Magnaflow looks like a regular exhaust and sounds okay, but it hangs too low (might be able to have a shop adjust it).
Old 09-17-2003
Registered!!

4bangin is an unknown quantity at this point
i have heard all the above about the magnaflow. i have the dc sports exhaust. i liked how easy the install and fit was. i love the sound. i like the looks, you only see the tip which i like. things i hate about it, the welds got a bit of surface rust on them after only one winter. the muffler is starting to become tarnished. it gave absolutly no hp gain what so ever. if i had to make a guess, i would say i lost hp. i wuld look into something else. tanabe, apexi, something like that.
Old 09-17-2003
Registered!!

prawdigy is an unknown quantity at this point
he is already gettin the exhaust this friday so no need to tell him to get a different brand.. but why did u buy a part and didnt research it?.. and u spent close to 8 give or take 75$ on exhaust?
Old 09-17-2003
Registered!!

SHE not he...

I'm getting it from a friend who is selling his car...

I was asking because I'm selling the Magnaflow and I want to know if it's 'better' than the DC in which case I would keep it, and if the DC starts sucking I would put the Magnaflow back on...
Old 09-17-2003
Registered!!

BlueRevs is an unknown quantity at this point
I have had my TCS for a year now. I love it, the sound is awesome, it is heavy, i have the neuspeed race springs and the only part that scrapes is the mid pipe, ocasionaly. My friend had the magnaflo, and he didn't like it cause it sounded shatty to him so he got the TCS, you at least will never get any complaints on the sound of the TCS at least, but that was DC's main idea was to get a great sounding exhaust, performance was definitly not on thier mind when developing this, ok, well maybe a little.
Old 09-17-2003
Registered!!

Wanger is an unknown quantity at this point
neither, get the apexi' WS
Old 09-17-2003
Registered!!

I can't get a third one Then I would have 3 exhausts sitting out (including the stock one)...I'm sure I'll like DC.