Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Where to mount siren?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JCap is an unknown quantity at this point
Where to mount siren?

I've had my alarm siren mounted in front of my exhaust manifold for almost three years and I opend my hood today while I was waiting for my gf and saw my siren dangling by it's power wire.

It looks like the hole in the frame that the installer mounted the siren to ripped and of course the bolt had nothing to hold on to now. I know my struts are blown and leaking, therefore I'm bouncing around like a mother f*cker, so that probably shook the siren so much that it ripped the hole (I'm hoping someone other than koni will release struts for my 2k1).

Anyway, where do you think would be the best place to mount the siren? I have a Clifford G4 if you're wondering......

Also, if you have yours in an odd place, can you give me a quick DIY to get mine there too?
Old 09-11-2003
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
the one the dealership installed (cuz my dad refused to ahve my car honk when the alarm button was pushed) was drilled into the metal on the strut towers.. i think... i'll 2x check when i get back to my car...kinda outta town rite now
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
If you dont have a Ex you can mount it where the ABS would be if you do have a EX you cant mount where the last intake tube thing is at the end of the intake.
Old 09-11-2003
Registered!!

Slumpert is an unknown quantity at this point
I mounted mine under the battery tray.
Pull out the battery, and you will find a nice flat place to bolt your siren to.
Put the battery back in and you can't see the siren at all.

Slump