Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

decals on tint?? does it fade the tint overtime?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
decals on tint?? does it fade the tint overtime?

i was curious if say you put a sticker or some lettering or a decal on the outside of your window, say your rear window. Over time, will it fade the tint if you remove it after a long time? I got 6 and 13% on my windows, so its very dark. Of course its tinted inside but i was curious if it fades over time cuz my car is outside allday in the sun. thanx.
Old 01-12-2004
Registered!!

armjr2 is an unknown quantity at this point
if you get cheap tint it will fade, Im not sure about the top of the line tint
Old 01-13-2004
Registered!!

slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
dang u search, lol. its cool tho cuz im not gonna put stuff on my windows, keeping it clean.
Old 01-13-2004
Registered!!

berettagtz117 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is there anywhere you can park it in the shade? Well to answer you question idont think it will fade I have had tint on my windows of one of my cars for over 6 years and they havnt faded at all and that was only like a 120$ job so i wouldnt worry about it unless you got your tint at walmart...
Old 01-13-2004
Wicked Moderatuh
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light
Yup, pretty much anything you cover up and let it stand in the sun, will be shaded from the effects of the sun. I.E., your tint will fade a bit, but what's under the sticker will be shaded from the sun, therefore will be shielded from the effects from the sun. Once you remove the sticker, hello, there's a nice silhouette of what used to be there.

Same thing can happen with a cars paint if you leave a bra on and never take it off...
Old 01-13-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
quantum tint is not supposed to fade, and if it does lifetime warranty will cover it.
Old 01-13-2004
Registered!!

bickford05 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you had your tint done by a pro, or if its high quality, they will proably replace it if it fades.
Old 01-13-2004
OsOBaNNeD

OsOBooSTeD is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Big Baller L
quantum tint is not supposed to fade, and if it does lifetime warranty will cover it.

your absolutely right 95% of the tints out today dont FADE.
now there is that 5% that u have to worry about.

but unless u went to some dude in his driveway to get it tinted ull be fine.
Old 01-13-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
all things fade with time, From tint to paint. some fade quicker then others but they all do fade.
Old 01-13-2004
OsOBaNNeD

sorry pal your wrong there ^^^^

paint does not fade.

paint hasnt been able to fade in like 10 years. sorry your info is out of date.
Old 01-13-2004
Wicked Moderatuh

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light
Well maybe not fade, but certainly change color. You can't tell me if you left a bra on for years on a car, that the color under the bra will still match the color of the car...
Old 01-13-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Originally posted by fraga
Well maybe not fade, but certainly change color. You can't tell me if you left a bra on for years on
thought u meant a womans bra for some reason
Old 01-13-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by OsOBooSTeD

paint does not fade.

Ya, 17 years of working in the autobody and paint industry has really put me out of touch....

Paint does fade, allways has allways will. Yellow and Red are the worst. The yellow pigment gets burnt out by the sun and the color slowly fades to a very pale yellow, with red the Red pigment gets burnt and the paint fades to orange. so Yes, over time All paints fade to vairous degrees. Thats why at a profesional paint shop a whole row of paint on the mixing machine will be made up of "Tinters" so that when a car is damaged, they can tint the new painted section to match the Faded parts (So the car still looks one color)
Old 01-13-2004
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Interesting.....I think im gonna take off my decals then
Old 01-14-2004
putang inamo!!!

alloriginal is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by OsOBooSTeD

paint does not fade.

if it doesn't then why did mine fade? i have a 02 taf. white civic and my bumpers are already off white.
Old 01-14-2004
OsOBaNNeD

^^^ it didnt fade... ur bumpers a not METAL. like the rest of ur car. the color doesnt match.

it didnt fade ,
Old 01-14-2004
Autocross Junky

I dont konw what dream world you live in, but here in reality..... given time and sun, paint fades.
Old 01-14-2004
*BoY*CaR* *GiRL*DRivER*

fine02civicgurl is an unknown quantity at this point
go look at them old "un-restored" cars... surely that nice plain blue was BLUER when they got the car 30 years ago. which, in turn, means that paint does fade
Old 01-14-2004
Got Capitalization?

04civiclxguy is an unknown quantity at this point
The Paint On The Outside and The Plastic On The Inside Both Fade. Because Of Use Over Time. When New Cars are Made. The Plastic pieces On The Inside are Made so that they can Fade all together.
that is life. not a dream.
Old 01-14-2004
OsOBaNNeD

Originally posted by fine02civicgurl
go look at them old "un-restored" cars... surely that nice plain blue was BLUER when they got the car 30 years ago. which, in turn, means that paint does fade

please put some thought into that...
paint 30 years ago was made totally different then it is today.
Old 01-14-2004
OsOBaNNeD

Originally posted by Zzyzx
I dont konw what dream world you live in, but here in reality..... given time and sun, paint fades.
if you wax ur car once a month or once everyother month ur protecting the clear coat. WHICH protects the paint. clearcoats are supposed to have UV protectants , so is the paint for that matter. if you take care of the clear coat the paint will never fade.

and the comment on the bumper being off color . i dont believe at all that it faded. not one bit. you go back to honda and tell them to fix the color and i bet they say that its the closest it would get cause ur comparing a metal fender and hood to a plastic bumper.

Ive seen honda's come off the truck with 0 miles on them and have off bumpers.