I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kristoliquid is an unknown quantity at this point
2 questions

2 questions (2007 civic dx-g)

1. i got myself dialectric grease and was wondering if i had to unplug the battery to grease some connectors, or i just put grease on all the connectors i see.

2. my ac blows hot so im trying to look at the fans to see if they turn and other diagnostics. How long does it take for the fans to start spinning after turning the ac full blast and being idle. I tried it between 5 to 10 mins and nothing happened, or it takes longer than that.

thx.
Old 05-24-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2 questions

to grease some connectors
WHY?

How long does it take for the fans to start spinning after turning the ac full blast and being idle. I tried it between 5 to 10 mins and nothing happened, or it takes longer than that.
If the fans and compressor clutch did NOT turn on immediately, the AC system is probably empty.
Old 05-25-2018
Registered!!

I figured since I live in Canada and the car is always outside 4 seasons, that if I put such a grease on my connectors it would make them not corrode or last longer.
Old 05-25-2018

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

that if I put such a grease on my connectors it would make them not corrode or last longer.
WHat connections are you thinking of? Most of the connector shells are already weather sealed and grease might compromise the sealing ability.

O2 sensors can be ruined by greasing the wiring with silicone.

Plus, the grease attracts and collects DIRT and generally makes a mess LOL
Old 05-25-2018
Registered!!

Ah ok I didn't know that. I figured maybe humidity would pass through. Because it's just plastic.

What would be a good use for it then. Battery terminals and spark plug
Old 05-25-2018

I use silicone grease on brake hardware more than anything LOL
Old 05-25-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
I use silicone grease on brake hardware more than anything LOL

Isint silicone grease and dialectric grease two different things or its the same.

Yeah I use silicone on those bolts in the caliper if the pads use unevenly.
Old 05-25-2018

The stuff I use at work is dielectric silicone and the tube also calls it tune up grease or something like that, I guess I just refer to it as silicone grease though.

I don't think it's exactly the same as, say, Sil-glide and the like, but I don't have any of that to look at.

Dielectric is an insulator too.