I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

changed radiator now radio keeps changing stations

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dley25 is an unknown quantity at this point
changed radiator now radio keeps changing stations

had a questions for the civic owners out there. just recently had the radiator changed on the car now the radio keeps changing stations. is it a coincidence that the radio might be going out, or did something with the radiator make this happen. any help is appreciated.
Old 12-12-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: changed radiator now radio keeps changing stations

Year and trim level of car?
Absolutely no connection IMO.....unless you somehow got liquid in the radio?

Disconnect battery for 15 minutes as a sort of 'reboot' for the radio? Make sure you have your unlock code if needed before you do it.
Old 12-13-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

?!?!?

Mystery....
Old 12-16-2017
Registered!!

Roadkingbob is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you say you changed the radiator or you took it to a shop to change the radiator, where I'm going with this is that I have seen many times a repair facility "adjust things" once they have the car in the repair bay, it happen to me personally about 2 years ago when I took a car in when I bought new tires (a national tire battery chain ) it ended up with a cut in the CV boot and the axle hub bearing just next to the "new" cut had all 3 bolts loosened somehow, the sales manager called me 1 hour after dropping the car off and suggested these repairs to be done, here's the kicker.........I replaced the front strut units about 3 weeks earlier so I know those parts were not bad at that time. BUT if you did the radiator change and your radio is screwed up all of a sudden, I would have to say it is a coincident that both problems came about at the same time, and it wouldn't be the first time I've seen stuff that happens to go bad at the same time.
Old 02-05-2018
Registered!!

dley25 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to keep you guys hanging on this one. had a friend change the radiator but turns out to just be a coincidence. radio clock display was always going out as well thank you guys