I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

2012 Voice System Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awestover89 is an unknown quantity at this point
2012 Voice System Navigation

Hey all,

I just bought a 2012 Civic EX-Navigation last night and have been playing around with the various voice commands and navigation. What I have noticed though, is the voice controls don't really work well with entering a destination. For example, if I want to go to say Red Lobster, I hit the voice button, say "Destination" hit voice say "Place Name", that is all fine.

If I now hit voice and say "Red Lobster" it gives an error saying no command was given. If I hit voice and spell "R-E-D <Space> L-O-B-S-T-E-R" it gives the same error. The only way I can get it to take is if I do: Hit button, "R", hit button "E", hit button "D" hit button, "Space" etc. Is that really the only way to work the navigation without an actual address?

I also had the same problem with Place Category, I had to scroll down the list until my category was visible before it would accept the voice command. If I just said "Seafood" from the main list it would give me the no command error.