Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

Caliper size on LX the same as DX?

Search this Thread

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deniro is an unknown quantity at this point
Caliper size on LX the same as DX?

I'd like to go from 16" tires down to 195/65r15's on my 8th gen civic LX for fuel economy reasons and less load when accelerating; and my desired wheel covers for 15" steelies would be an esthetic plus.
would doing this mod, if possible, affect speedometer accuracy? I have read similar posts, but none that definitively answer my specific questions. Thank you!!

Last edited by Deniro; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:43 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Click Here

Received 1,158 Likes on 905 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Caliper size on LX the same as DX?

I can't find anything non-Si related that I can rely on, but I don't believe the LX would have different brakes to an EX.

So long as the wheel diameter stays the same, speedo accuracy won't be an issue.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,456 Likes on 1,207 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

speedo accuracy depends on tire OD, not rim size
The following 2 users liked this post by sdaidoji:
Colin42 (3 Weeks Ago), Deniro (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Received 1,896 Likes on 1,336 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

Looks like tire diameter is the same as the stock 16" wheels. EX and LX calipers and rotors are all the same. I don't know if 15" wheels came stock on any of these or not. As long as it clears the caliper, it should work.
The following users liked this post:
Deniro (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deniro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BrotatoChip
Looks like tire diameter is the same as the stock 16" wheels. EX and LX calipers and rotors are all the same. I don't know if 15" wheels came stock on any of these or not. As long as it clears the caliper, it should work.
The Hybrid, GX and DX trim came stock with 15" rim and tires. They're 195/65r15's. My LX came stock with 205/55r16's
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Received 1,896 Likes on 1,336 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

Should work fine then.
The following users liked this post:
Deniro (2 Weeks Ago)