Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here.

Tire Fitment

Old 01-23-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MetalliCHAD is an unknown quantity at this point
Tire Fitment

I tried searching for an answer but couldn't find anything definitive. My question is pretty conservative...

Will 225 / 60 / 16 tires fit on a bone stock 2011 Civic EX-L sedan ?

OEM are 205 / 55 / 16

Thank you !
Old 01-23-2014
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tire Fitment

Couldn't give you a definitive answer about fitment, but I can tell you that it'll throw your speedometer (and odometer) off.
Old 01-23-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Can't give you a definitive answer either but it should fit just fine if you are not lowered. Your tire width will increase some but less then an inch. I don't think any OE suspension components would be that close to the tire sidewall.

I would take a look to make sure there is nothing in the way.
Old 01-23-2014
Registered!!

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out for sure? I found a calculator that said the speedo would be off (low) by about 4.5 MPH.
Old 01-23-2014
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

4.5 is about right.

A way to know for sure? Use a calculator to determine how much of a change will occur between the tire width and height and look at your suspension and measure.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tir...5r16-225-60r16

Or find someone who has tried it before.
Old 01-23-2014
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

4.5 mph @ 60mph. 7% difference per the miata.net tire calc. Bear in mind that after 10,000 miles, your odometer will record 700 miles short of actual mileage.

225 is a bit wide for 01-05, that's all I can tell you. Although, stock height might not be an issue.

Just out of curiosity, why that specific size?
Old 01-23-2014
Prelude Owner

Originally Posted by MetalliCHAD
a bone stock 2011 Civic EX-L sedan ?
It's the iPhone
Old 01-23-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

why would you want to do that, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 01-24-2014
Registered!!

Honestly because my wife's car needs tires and a friend of ours has these laying around that we could basically score for nothing... I'm not as worried about the speedometer as I am safety and rubbing issues. It's a 4 door sedan - no lowering, no nothing. It's an A to B no frills car that just needs tires. lol
Old 01-24-2014
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Overall diameter is quite big - likely on sped bumps will need be careful or free tire could take out fender liners.
If during corner you hit a hole or bump, it could also be a free tire taking out your fenders.