Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

where is fuel pump located?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
savatar is an unknown quantity at this point
where is fuel pump located?

Hello,im new to the forum so i hope you can help on a issue my car has with the fuel pump.
My car is the civic 8th hatchback sport 2006 2.2 diesel and the fuel pump on the reservoir has problem and needs replacement.The problem is that i have bought a used pump but i dont have idea where is located the old one for open it.
Does anybody know where is it located?
Old 07-27-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: where is fuel pump located?

I can take a WAG as we don't have that engine option in the US but maybe in fuel tank? For gasoline engines it's in the fuel tank underneath the rear seat. Remove the bottom of the back seat and there is an access door to get it out.
Old 07-27-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
savatar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat
I can take a WAG as we don't have that engine option in the US but maybe in fuel tank? For gasoline engines it's in the fuel tank underneath the rear seat. Remove the bottom of the back seat and there is an access door to get it out.
Hi,Yes its in the fuel tank,but while i was checking in the rear seats or the baggage place,i didnt notice any metal frame to remove or something similar like other older models.So im not sure if i have to completely remove the fuel tank or there is a place inside the car where i can pull it out and put the new one.
Old 07-27-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Can you go onto an OEM parts website and look at the exploded views of the parts? Call a local dealer or mechanic and ask?