2012 Civic LX Intake Duct - Honda Civic Forum

Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2018   #1  
Registered!!

amayam521 is an unknown quantity at this point
2012 Civic LX Intake Duct

I am new to the forum and I just wanted to post something of a PSA about the intake duct on my 12' LX. Its a 5 speed manual, which I bought at 66,000 miles. Ever since I got the car it would act a little "touchy" whenever you gave it a lot of gas in a short amount of time. The whole car would buck a little. It did the same when shifting at 3K + RPM. I thought it was just me, dropping the clutch too fast. I was under my hood one day and decided to do a visual on the engine looking for anything loose or broken and I found the intake duct between the air filter and throttle body had a huge split in it. I got a new one and installed it today (Not exactly fun), and took it for a test drive afterward. I was kind of amazed of how much a difference it made. The car shifts so smoothly, and accelerates at a constant rate with no sudden jolts. I thought I had either clutch or transmission problems, but it seems it was just the duct either opening up and shoving too much air to the engine (trust me it didn't like it). The car shifts like a beauty too now, don't know if it has to do with the vacuum line coming off the duct. I hope this helps someone that is having the same issue I did.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180516_183219.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	3.21 MB
ID:	112212   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180516_183314.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	3.56 MB
ID:	112213  
amayam521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018   #2  
Allow me to explain through interpretive dance

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Civic LX Intake Duct

Thanks for posting pics

I guess that's something else to watch out for!
ezone is offline   Reply With Quote