Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2016 Civic LX Noises

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finest is an unknown quantity at this point
2016 Civic LX Noises

Just bought my first car, 2016 Civic LX about four days ago. Today, I just noticed two noises coming from my car. One of them is when you're standing in front of the car with the hood up & it's coming from the top left area of the car, clicking-like noise. Second noise seems to possibly be brake related. When I'm braking, the front right wheel seems to make (again) pretty loud clicking-like noise. I do have a dealer warranty & what not so I'm not worried about costs, I'm also not at all mechanically inclined so I'm just trying to see what may be the problem here just in case the dealer tries to dismiss it. I'll upload the video once I figure out what site I should upload the video to.
Old 01-15-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: 2016 Civic LX Noises

Originally Posted by Finest
One of them is when you're standing in front of the car with the hood up & it's coming from the top left area of the car, clicking-like noise.
Is the air conditioning on while you hear this noise? If so turn off the a/c and see (hear) if the noise persists. An a/c compressor makes a clicking noise every time it engages. Though, the a/c compressor is usually located on the drivers side of engine bay..on older civic models anyway.

Second noise seems to possibly be brake related. When I'm braking, the front right wheel seems to make (again) pretty loud clicking-like noise.
Possibly caliper pin(s) or shims issue?
Also this may help: https://www.yourmechanic.com/questio...e-when-braking

I'll upload the video once I figure out what site I should upload the video to.
Post the video on Youtube and then paste the Youtube link here.
Old 01-15-2018
Registered!!

Finest is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Megalodong
Is the air conditioning on while you hear this noise? If so turn off the a/c and see (hear) if the noise persists. An a/c compressor makes a clicking noise every time it engages. Though, the a/c compressor is usually located on the drivers side of engine bay..on older civic models anyway.

Possibly caliper pin(s) or shims issue?
Also this may help: https://www.yourmechanic.com/questio...e-when-braking

Post the video on Youtube and then paste the Youtube link here.
Noooo, definitely not from AC, it's Winter over here!
Old 01-15-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Your descriptions are quite vague.

AC operation is automatically enabled in all defrost modes.

You might be hearing the fuel injectors ticking.

A single loud click every upon the first brake application after changing directions may be typical and acceptable. "Pad shift" is what we call it.

See your Honda dealership to determine if your issues are typical for the car or not.
Old 03-22-2018
Registered!!

User 082322 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a ticking noise that is really loud, loud enough to hear over the radio at low volume, the dealership today told me it's the injectors and it's "NORMAL" I've never in my life heard injectors so loud... I call bs
Old 03-22-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny Alzammar
I have a ticking noise that is really loud, loud enough to hear over the radio at low volume, the dealership today told me it's the injectors and it's "NORMAL" I've never in my life heard injectors so loud... I call bs
You still bought it even with these problems?

Got warranty?

Compare to another car.
You got the 2.0 engine? Those injectors aren't loud, but you can probably hear them if you listen.

If you want loud go listen to the direct injected engines like the 1.5 Turbo or the 4 cylinder Accord Earth Dreams engines, those injectors are really loud when the hood is up
Old 03-22-2018
Registered!!

User 082322 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
You still bought it even with these problems?

Compare to another car.
You got the 2.0 engine? Those injectors aren't loud, but you can probably hear them if you listen.

If you want loud go listen to the direct injected engines like the 1.5 Turbo or the 4 cylinder Accord Earth Dreams engines, those injectors are really loud when the hood is up
Didn't hear it on the test drive, maybe I wasn't listening? They weren't acting up? Or the sales man was running his mouth too much? I dono but when I was checking it out it wasn't loud. Now it is...