Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2014 EXL Sedan vibration

Old 12-05-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LMueller8020 is an unknown quantity at this point
2014 EXL Sedan vibration

I am experiencing a subtle vibration through the steering wheel, gear shifter, and seat while cruising between 1500 and 2400 RPMs. It is a CVT automatic and this only started after the transmission was serviced by the dealer. I've had the tires balanced and wheels aligned so it is not the tires.

The dealer said they didn't feel it so I will need to take them for a drive but any suggestions on what might be causing a vibration?
Old 12-05-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 EXL Sedan vibration

and this only started after the transmission was serviced by the dealer.
Maybe someone dumped in the wrong fluid? Didn't get the fluid level correct?
I've had the tires balanced and wheels aligned so it is not the tires.
Think again.......Tread chop can often be felt in the ways you described, and cannot be removed once it begins......at least not without shaving the tread or replacing tires.

You can balance a stop sign, but it won't roll smoothly on the ground.

Return to the dealership, demonstrate your issues on a test drive with a good tech, and see what they say about it.

Last edited by ezone; 12-05-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-05-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Have the tires had proper rotations throughout their life ?

Did they get rotated at the alignment, and balance appointment ?

When left in same place too long they are toast, and will not recover after.
Old 12-05-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LMueller8020 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the quick responses. I have been rotating the tires every 5k miles but not necessarily at the same time they were aligned. The dealer did mention the tires are wearing a bit choppy but they only have about 15k miles on them so that seems odd
Old 12-05-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

5k is ideal... I learned to use full X pattern rotation.
Old 12-05-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The dealer did mention the tires are wearing a bit choppy
THIS should be the cause of noise and/or vibration.

You didn't really notice it until they were moved to the front of the car..... the last tire rotation?

Search this Thread