Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Turn signal lever won't latch turning right

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ErikWithak is an unknown quantity at this point
Turn signal lever won't latch turning right

Pretty much what the title says. The lever to the left of the steering wheel won't stay latched when I try to indicate that I'm turning right (pulling the lever up). I've tried turning the steering wheel in either direction to see if that had something to do with it but that didn't solve anything.

I do notice however that it has a higher success rate of latching when I flip the switch ever so gently. Also note that it latches perfectly fine when I indicate that I'm turning left (pulling the lever down).

Thank you for any help on how this issue might be solved!!

-Erik Withak
Old 08-09-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Turn signal lever won't latch turning right

I'll suggest you pull the switch out and see if it still won't latch, that would prove the problem is inside the switch itself and has nothing to do with the steering wheel cancel mechanism.