2007 Civic EX Coupe has a squeal while driving. - Honda Civic Forum

Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2007 Civic EX Coupe has a squeal while driving.

Old 08-02-2017
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about
2007 Civic EX Coupe has a squeal while driving.

Hi guys, been awhile. Hope all is well. Just been chilling this summer and catching all the local home games of our CPL Baseball team, The Pilots..

Trying to diagnose my Civic from afar with my grandson in college. Usually only have a few hours for PM when he comes back. Sorry about the poor video. It is with car driving and just as hard for me to understand. Grandson says it is intermittent and not with car sitting. So far, best he can do. He is not a mechanical person, so like talking to RIP when it comes to a car. Usually, a second question only makes it worst.

My first thought was an idler bearing on the belt tensioner. Belt was replaced with OEM about 30,000 miles ago. The car has 133,000 miles or so on it. Any thoughts.

Old 08-02-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2007 Civic EX Coupe has a squeal while driving.

That video sucks. Need to see what he's doing, I can only guess he's rolling along in a parking garage, but most of video is black.

Only squeals while moving = brake pad wear indicator?
Old 08-03-2017
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about
Re: 2007 Civic EX Coupe has a squeal while driving.

Thanks..Seemed he was going slow in the garage and that is very shrill chirp. Will email him to push the brake slightly to create drag and see if it affects it.
Thanks.

Search this Thread