Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Civic 2006 temperature fluctuating

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
contevo is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic 2006 temperature fluctuating

Hello, i have civic 2006 ex coupe bought back in march of this year with only 118k miles. First thing i did when i got the car was flush the coolcant and replace the thermostat, use honda coolant and thermostat which previous owners use honda stuff. Now recently i started doing some ubereat delivery. I make quick stop and leave the car running and when i come back temperature gauge goes up past the key looking symbol here is a pic
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170801_023921.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	111559

goes little higher but never to the h and i turn on my ac goes back to below the key looking thing which mean normal temperature. I do hear the fan come on and off(ac off) but doesnt stay on long enough...also when the fan comes on the gauge goes up which is weird!? And when i drive off goes back to normal.

So what can it be???

Last edited by contevo; 08-01-2017 at 03:00 AM.
Old 08-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Civic 2006 temperature fluctuating

if thats as high as it gets i wouldn't worry about it
Old 08-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
contevo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikey1
if thats as high as it gets i wouldn't worry about it
Like u see in the pic that me idling no ac on and normal fan comes on for few second the the bars goes up 3 more and fan comes on and off like normally. Either i drive off or turn on the ac that went goes back normal.
Old 08-01-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Check the fluid level in the radiator, it needs to be completely full.

Display showing center of the gauge is perfect.
Yes it will go up and down a little bit depending on conditions.
There might be 30 degrees difference between the coolant temperature driving down the road, vs. the temp where the radiator fans turn on....

Got a scanner that can display real engine temperature as seen by the computer? Plug it in and watch temperatures. Bonus points if you get a scanner that can display both ECT1 and ECT2.