Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2006 Honda Civic Fuel Pump? Sluggish in the morning

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
samweizen is an unknown quantity at this point
2006 Honda Civic Fuel Pump? Sluggish in the morning

2006 Honda Civic LX 218,435 miles mostly all factory parts still....

Hey, I just tried to drive home from work at 8:15 tonight and my car would not start. The battery is less than a year old, the car cranks like it wants to turn on and none of the lights dim in anyway when starting up

Note: Over the past month and a half I have noticed in the mornings that my car starts up fine but about 20 feet in while pressing the gas the pedal feels unresponsive like fuel isn't going through. This quickly goes away and i'm able to do my 30 minute commute to work and doesn't happen again till next morning. Any thoughts? The car is at work and i plan on towing it tomorrow and might get my friend to bring his code reader to diagnose.
Old 06-30-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2006 Honda Civic Fuel Pump? Sluggish in the morning

I will say that I have been at a honda dealer for more than a decade and in that time I have seen zero fuel pump failures. It is possible but far from common. If you have codes that gives a LOT more info to work with.