Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2008 Civic Hybrid Air Conditioning

Old 06-26-2017
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
preach2u is an unknown quantity at this point
2008 Civic Hybrid Air Conditioning

Here's what I know: The air compressor will not kick in, neither the radiator fan or the condensor fan will run. They both are good (I've checked) and the relay has been changed out. The blower fan runs fine and the controls appear to be working correctly. All fuses are good and the pressure sensor checks out. What I don't know- Why? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
The following users liked this post:
sonofray (07-10-2022)
Old 06-26-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2008 Civic Hybrid Air Conditioning

How much pressure is in the AC system?

Is the thermal protector open circuit?
Old 06-27-2017
Registered!!

preach2u is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for responding ezone. The pressure is good for not having the compressor kicking in...enough that the clutch should start kicking in. no leaks in system...and thermal protector checks out. The clutch is good, coil is good, and air gap is good.
Old 06-27-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The pressure is good
What pressure sounds "good" to you?
and thermal protector checks out
Checks out how?
The clutch is good, coil is good, and air gap is good
Have you manually powered up the compressor clutch and made it engage and run?
and the pressure sensor checks out
Checks out how? How was this tested?
Someone posted in this forum after attempting to jumper some wires at that sensor, turns out he ruined the PCM by doing so.

There's 2 immediate directions to choose from.....either the PCM checking for data and info, or the HVAC panel to do a self diag check.

First place I'd go is to the PCM with my scanner.....

What does the PCM data list show the system pressure as?

Are there any PCM fault codes? Transmission fault codes?
Does the car have any IMA system related fault codes?

What is the PCM status of the AC request or switch? If the value "yes" or "on" is shown, check the status of the compressor clutch relay and fan status, they all should turn on when the AC request is made to the PCM.....
If not, is there any value in the datalist that would prevent the PCM from allowing the AC to operate?

If nothing unusual is seen....or no AC request is seen in the PCM,
Then I'd turn to the HVAC panel to put it in self diag mode, see if it shows any faults/codes/problems.
I think you may want a good service manual for this, or search. IDK if the hybrid system diag is vastly different from the normal car or not.
Old 06-29-2021
Registered!!

crush dem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by preach2u
Here's what I know: The air compressor will not kick in, neither the radiator fan or the condensor fan will run. They both are good (I've checked) and the relay has been changed out. The blower fan runs fine and the controls appear to be working correctly. All fuses are good and the pressure sensor checks out. What I don't know- Why? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

haveing the same problem
The following users liked this post:
sonofray (07-10-2022)
Old 07-10-2022
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sonofray is an unknown quantity at this point

Same problem here with my 2007 HCH AC
- AC freon was getting a little low (I shouldn't have ignored it) - now it finally stopped altogether
​​​​​​- both fans won't run
- clutch will not engage without jumping relay connectors

anyone learn anything?

Search this Thread