Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

How to disable TPMS light on dash 2010 Civic ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man In Black is an unknown quantity at this point
How to disable TPMS light on dash 2010 Civic ?

I have a 2010 Civic that I bought new and it sat in storage for a while and still only has 48,000 miles on it and the batteries went dead in the tire pressure sensors . I don't like or need this troublesome system so I have just been driving it with the TPMS light lit on the dash . I thought I could just find the fuse for the light and pull it . Found a fuse under the drivers side marked TPMS ( I think it was number 7 ) and pulled it and the light still stays on. How can I get this light to go out ? Thanks BJ
Old 04-27-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to disable TPMS light on dash 2010 Civic ?

How can I get this light to go out ?
Actually find and repair the problem?

How do you know it's 4 bad sensors with dead batteries?
The TPMS warning will come on if only one sensor went dead or bad, it doesn't have to be all 4.
It will also come on if the receiver doesn't receive signals from the sensors (interference)

You could try unplugging the receiver (if you can even find it)....I've never tried this, and it might cause other problems in related systems
Old 04-28-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man In Black is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How to disable TPMS light on dash 2010 Civic ?

Originally Posted by ezone
Actually find and repair the problem?

How do you know it's 4 bad sensors with dead batteries?
The TPMS warning will come on if only one sensor went dead or bad, it doesn't have to be all 4.
It will also come on if the receiver doesn't receive signals from the sensors (interference)

You could try unplugging the receiver (if you can even find it)....I've never tried this, and it might cause other problems in related systems
Thanks but I want to eliminate the damn thing all together. Don't want or need it . Was watching a u-tube where the guy hated the system and was annoyed by the light staying on so he pulled the cluster and blocked the light with a piece of electrical tape . Sounds like a simple solution if there is not a fuse to pull . Probably go that route. Thanks , BJ