Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

HELP! Water leaking inside.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Legolas666 is an unknown quantity at this point
HELP! Water leaking inside.

When I go to take a turn (especially a hard turn), I can hear what sounds like water flowing under my dash on the passenger side. This only happens when I turn left. I decided to check the floor board for water and sure enough, its soaked from the front of the car all the way to the back but only on the PASSENGER side.

The A/C does not blow very cold sometimes and it gets WAY colder when I accelerate the car from a stop. The heater works fine.

Its a 2013 LX.

Im looking for opinions on the problem, if I can fix it myself, and how much a mechanic might charge to fix something like this.

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: HELP! Water leaking inside.

Most likely either the a/c condensation drainage tubes or pin hole leak in the a/c evaporator core or heater core.

Start by cleaning out the condensation drainage tubes. If that doesn't solve it then perform a coolant system pressure test and use a flashlight to check for leaks near the heater core. Can add a dye too if necissary. If problem still exists then move on to searching for an a/c evap core leak ..bring to a mechanic.

a/c drain tubes cleaning video:
Old 04-20-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HELP! Water leaking inside.

Ya, I think it's gonna be 100% related to the AC drain not working for some reason.
Make sure the AC drain tube is secured to the evaporator housing and actually exits through the passengers floor....and water can flow through the tube/hose.

I've seen various issues over the years.....Seen the tube detached from the housing, tube pulled out of the floor, tube kinked, cut, and found blockage caused by debris from inside the evaporator housing.

I've even seen where someone under the car plugged up or pinched off the drain tube so it wouldn't drip water on their head while they were working---- and forgot to undo it when they were done.

Being a 2013, I think that tube is fairly secure and isn't really exposed for a passenger to kick.... I personally have seen only a couple cars with debris clogging the drain....so I'm going to wild guess someone plugged up the drain tube from under the car so it wouldn't drip on their head.