Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

09 Hybrid Carpet Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jacksomm is an unknown quantity at this point
09 Hybrid Carpet Replacement

I'm looking for good places to order carpet from for my 2009 Hybrid. Had some water damage and after hours of vacuuming, I don't think it's going to be good enough.

The OEM Honda site lists this carpet for $787, which is insane (Honda online store : 2009 civic floor mat parts).

But they also list the non hybrid carpet variants as around $285 (https://estore.honda.com/honda/parts...++36&dl=208633).

What is the difference? I don't see any reason for carpet being 500$ more unless you are ordering three times as much. Also, does anyone know of any good 3rd party or OEM carpet re-sellers that are decently priced and have good quality items?
Old 04-19-2017
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about
Re: 09 Hybrid Carpet Replacement

This is not really answering your question but when you get water in there like it sounds like you did, you really need to take the seat bolts out and carefully unplug wires. Then remove seats and carpet. Car carpet has a plastic waterproof backing. Water trapped under if water soaked carpet, it surely got under it, the only way it will dry is to take it out to dry under the carpet so you do not get rust and mold. The carpet is truly not the problem.

You may be surprised that if the carpet is out and dries in sun, it should not be hurt from just water. Before you dry it, just hose it off and hit it with a brush and dish detergent and hose well. Then hang to dry in sun, both side.
Old 04-19-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
This is not really answering your question but when you get water in there like it sounds like you did, you really need to take the seat bolts out and carefully unplug wires. Then remove seats and carpet. Car carpet has a plastic waterproof backing. Water trapped under if water soaked carpet, it surely got under it, the only way it will dry is to take it out to dry under the carpet so you do not get rust and mold.

You may be surprised that if the carpet is out and dries in sun, it should not be hurt from just water.
Yeah, until I figure out if I should buy carpet or not I'm definitely going to be doing this for the time being.

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2017
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

I added some detail since you read my first post above. As a note, I had a 69 firebird convertible for 30 years that had the carpet out numerous times. My 04 Toyota 4X4 has had it out just last year from the window left open while in service when they finished up and put it outside. They had vacuumed it out and gave me 4 free oil changes, cash for the two door speakers I said may go bad and numerous I am sorries. When I got home and pulled the seal plates, there were still pools of water in crevices under the carpet.
Old 04-19-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
I added some detail since you read my first post above. As a note, I had a 69 firebird convertible for 30 years that had the carpet out numerous times. My 04 Toyota 4X4 has had it out just last year from the window left open while in service when they finished up and put it outside. They had vacuumed it out and gave me 4 free oil changes, cash for the two door speakers I said may go bad and numerous I am sorries. When I got home and pulled the seal plates, there were still pools of water in crevices under the carpet.
Yeah, I've already wet vacuumed as much as I could, but I know for a fact I haven't picked up all the water that's sitting below the carpet. My car was on a side street that partially flooded a couple days ago. The engine and the electronics all seem fine, but I had a pool of water sitting on my passenger side floor. Pulling up the carpet doesn't seem too bad, I'm just worried about rust and mold at this point. Thanks for the tips!