Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2006 Civic Ignition Lock cylinder replacement issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
five.eight is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation 2006 Civic Ignition Lock cylinder replacement issues

hello, my 2006 honda was broken into and attempted to steal it with no success. well, they tore up my steering column and I had to order new ignition lock cylinder to get it running again.

This is what i ordered from rockauto:
AIRTEX/WELLS 4H1505 {#35100SNA901, LS1643C} Info One of our most popular parts
Sedan; Standard trans; DX Model; EX Model; LX Model; complete assembly
http://www.rockauto.com/?mfr=AIRTEX%...partnum=4H1505

My problem is there is not place to connect the white connector. I believe that has something to do with the chip in my oem key.

The new part came with basic keys with no chip.

The motor tries to start but never actually turns over and starts...? Did I get the wrong part? and if so, is there a way to bypass this white connector??

Please help. I can post pics if needed. thanks!
Old 04-16-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2006 Civic Ignition Lock cylinder replacement issues

EDIT: other cars used green connector, oops
Looks like the new lock unit has no immobilizer control unit .....compare to the original you removed.

Remove immobilizer unit from the old lock.
Connect unit to column harness
Take an original key and drop it into the ring of the immobilizer unit.
This allows the unit to 'read' the correct key

You can start the engine with the new key as long as an original key head is in the middle of the ring.

If you want to install the immobi unit in the steering lock assembly, you will need keys and programming, that might be another 150-200 at a dealer unless you have a local locksmith who has the equipment to work with Hondas immobilizer keys, cutting and programming them to the car.
Old 04-16-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
five.eight is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the response. I just tried that man. These A holes messed it up pretty bad. I am so pissed. They broke into my house and stole a bunch of my guns and my wife's jewelry. Then used my tools to tear up my ignition cylinder trying to steal my car. cops were too lazy to check for prints. whole situation is messed up...

Anyways, here is a pic of the tore up immobilizer. I tried what you said, the little key light on dash still keeps flashing and car will not start. it actually does start but then dies immediately. If my research is accurate, i believe the ECU is turning off the fuel pump because key chip is not being recognized.

Any other ideas? I just want to get car started to be able to drive to work. I don't want to drive my shelby to work any longer. Hit 30k miles last week

if I can get it started with ignition cylinder and keys I got from rock auto, I am going to install a kill switch and just run with it like this as this is only a to and from work car.

Thanks for the help fellas.

Old 04-16-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Immobilizer unit looks FUBAR.

PCM will not allow engine to run without the ok from the immobilizer system.

tow the car to a dealership.

Have credit cards ready, and it may take an extra day if they have to special order a new unit (I know my store would not have those on-hand) along with making a set of chip keys for the new column lock

Contact and make claims with your insurance companies ASAP.

Sue the local keystone cops for ____? (You'll be on their brown list for sure)