Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2008 civic makes rattling noise in rear

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jessica19699 is an unknown quantity at this point
2008 civic makes rattling noise in rear

Hello all I just had a friend ask me if I wanted to buy his 2008 Honda Civic one of the problems he tells me is wrong with it is that it makes a rattling noise in the rear of the car when going over bumps, (so the obvious seems something is loose but what could be loose) does anyone out there have any ideas what it might be he said he checked the shocks and exhaust and that isn't it, if it is a simple fix it could be worth the buy if not I want to steer clear of it. thanks in advance
Old 04-13-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2008 civic makes rattling noise in rear

Has anyone actually tried to figure out the problem?

Spare tire/jack/lug wrench loose in trunk?
Sway bar links?
Old 04-15-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

In the winter my rear glass rattles around but my car is much older 2002.

If you can not find anything else that could be the issue especially if the rattle goes away when temperatures rise.
Old 04-15-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Rear speaker shelf plastic trim rattles?
Old 04-19-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surenp is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, I have exactly the same problem with my Honda civic with the rattling noise coming from the back when going over bumps or have a load. I have just replaced the shocks recently and still have the same problem. Does anyone knows what the problem could be.