Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Civic EX driver window rolling up then rolls halfway

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xxfallenxx2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic EX driver window rolling up then rolls halfway

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and a novice in cars.
Recently my aunt gave me her 2008 civic EX after a car crash that damaged the back passenger door on the right side.

Everything is all fixed up now but the driver side window will roll up and then roll back down halfway as it feels like it detects that something is in its way.

Also one of the power locks are not working on the new door that the mechanic put on on the right rear passenger door.

Also there is a weird ticking/knocking noise when idle and running.

Please take a look into this. I have attached a YouTube link about this https://youtu.be/HuT7ZWrwNE0

Last edited by xxfallenxx2; 04-19-2017 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Video
Old 04-19-2017
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Civic EX driver window rolling up then rolls halfway

Drivers window..... clean the rubber channel front & rear, the edges of the glass slide in & test.

Rear door.... try to determine if voltage is reach actuator or not. Could be broken wire in harness.