Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2007 Civic AC Delete belt size?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2017
EHonda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07civex is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 Civic AC Delete belt size?

Hi, I have an 07 Civic with 1.8. I have had several AC issues and now my compressor just seized up. I may address all the issues come summer, but for now I just want to remove the compressor and put on a new belt if possible.
Can anyone tell me if I order a serpentine belt for an 07 Civic 1.8lt without AC, if that will work? Or is there an idler pulley in place of the AC compressor.
Any help would be appreciated. I need the car for work next week. Thanks All!
Old 01-28-2017
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about
Re: 2007 Civic AC Delete belt size?

There is a shorter belt. I am not 100% sure but I believe you do not have to remove compressor. With compressor wire unpluged, are you saying the that front pulley will not free wheel on the bearing..basically it is an idle pulley in that position. Open my picture below
Welcome from Hampton Roads Virginia..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2007 belts.jpg
Views:	10451
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	89473  

Last edited by RIPSAW; 01-28-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-28-2017
EHonda

Thanks for the reply. Pic is perfect info. I will try unplugging compressor first. Thanks again.
Old 01-28-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Ask for a belt for your cars year and engine size---but without AC (if you have to, call it the lowest cheapo no frills trim level without AC).

It will be a much shorter belt to bypass the compressor.

Most don't lock up the compressor, the typical problem is a bad pulley bearing that was ignored until it locked up...... so you might not need a whole compressor.
Old 01-28-2017
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 07civex
Thanks for the reply. Pic is perfect info. I will try unplugging compressor first. Thanks again.
With key off, pull back on tensioner and see if pully is free at compressor. The reason if it is free to unplug it is to keep AC from coming on if you hit defrost. Note what ezone says about that bearing just on front of compressor
Old 01-28-2017
EHonda

Thanks again guys. I got more answers and help here than I did making a thousand phone calls today. so Cheers and thanks again.
Old 01-28-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
The reason if it is free to unplug it is to keep AC from coming on if you hit defrost.
Originally Posted by 07civex
Thanks again guys. I got more answers and help here than I did making a thousand phone calls today. so Cheers and thanks again.
Instead of unplugging down at the compressor and exposing the terminals to weather/water and corrosion, just open the fusebox lid and remove the clutch relay. Turn it upside down, leave it in the box so it can't get lost, and reinstall the lid.