Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Taking off 2010 civic

Old 11-07-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ashley Roy is an unknown quantity at this point
Taking off 2010 civic

I just bought my Civic.2010 coupe. First time ever had one.when I first take off or anytime at a stop,when I start to accelerate it goes to over 3 grand before it shifts.i have automatic. Any help would be appreciated..
Old 11-07-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ashley Roy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Taking off 2010 civic

It has 113000km on it
Old 11-07-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Taking off 2010 civic

The RPM of the shift points depends largely on the position of the accelerator pedal.

If you accelerate very gently, it will shift at lower RPM.
If you accelerate as rapidly as possible with gas pedal mashed all the way on the floor, the RPM should reach very close to redline before a shift.

Compare to an identical car that has no complaints.

Search this Thread