Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

06 LX coupe issues

Old 02-20-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nordic is an unknown quantity at this point
06 LX coupe issues

So, last night I found a 2006 LX coupe. Runs and drives super nice! one owner!

When I got the car, there was about a 1/4 tank of gas. On the test drive, one blip was added back to the gauge. I didn't think anything of it.

I filled up at the gas station on my way home. I have put about 55 miles on the car since I got it yesterday.

The gas gauge has not gone down at all, and I know this car isn't getting 55ish MPG.

Do I have a big issue here? Speedo cluster shortage? Fuel float/Sensor?

Temp gauge and speed work fine. I checked the speed with a GPS speedo app and it was accurate. Temp gauges goes right up the middle once heated up.

Couldn't find too many threads out there.

The MPG leads me into my next question.

CEL is on for P2413. I see it's an EGR related thing, but I was wondering if that means the EGR valve needs to get changed out, or if it is just dirty.

Aside from that, everything else works as it should, no leaks, or anything.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-21-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 06 LX coupe issues

there was about a 1/4 tank of gas.

I filled up at the gas station on my way home
How much fuel did that take?

I have put about 55 miles on the car since I got it yesterday.
The gas gauge has not gone down at all, and I know this car isn't getting 55ish MPG.
Wait til you've put 100+ miles on it, although I'd expect it to drop a bar or 2 soon.

I'd expect you've got 250 miles or so per tank. Maybe more, maybe less depending on how you drive and the weather.

CEL is on for P2413. I see it's an EGR related thing, but I was wondering if that means the EGR valve needs to get changed out, or if it is just dirty.
Computer thinks the EGR valve didn't open as much as was commanded. Could be stuck closed, could be a position sensor error, could be the PCM is unable to operate the valve electrically for some reason.

Googled the code number... found this
http://www.ericthecarguy.com/kunena/...code-p2413-egr
Old 02-22-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nordic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 06 LX coupe issues

Originally Posted by ezone
How much fuel did that take?

Wait til you've put 100+ miles on it, although I'd expect it to drop a bar or 2 soon.

I'd expect you've got 250 miles or so per tank. Maybe more, maybe less depending on how you drive and the weather.

Computer thinks the EGR valve didn't open as much as was commanded. Could be stuck closed, could be a position sensor error, could be the PCM is unable to operate the valve electrically for some reason.

Googled the code number... found this
http://www.ericthecarguy.com/kunena/...code-p2413-egr

Gas gauge is definitely working now. Very glad on that note!

This EGR code hasnt affected anything. It's getting good MPG and runs smooth as silk.

For only $100 ish, i'll replace the EGR valve.