Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Cam/crankshaft position sensor errors

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mbolen23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cam/crankshaft position sensor errors

Ok guys,

So the other day my car has been driving fine! After taking off from a red light (not fast) my tires seemed like they couldn't get any traction. Once it seemed like it stabilized my check engine light came on. Also noticed my car was running louder than normal. It didn't sound like it was comming from the hood but more of an exhaust leak. The next day I took it to autozone for then to pull the check engine light codes. Seems like it is the camshaft position sensor and crankshaft position sensor. I have a 2006 honda covic si and replaced all 3 sensors.... 2 cam and 1 crank. This is after making it to walk greens later that day and the car running fine. After I came out the car wouldn't start. That when I started to replace the sensors. Now that all of them are replaced my car still wont start! After everything I no longer have a check engine light. What could be going on? Any ideas? Anyone have this happen to them before?
Old 02-01-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cam/crankshaft position sensor errors

The next day I took it to autozone for then to pull the check engine light codes.
What code number?

2006 honda covic si
2.0 engine?
How many miles?
How good have you been about keeping the oil changed and full?
And used good oil, or just whatever they put in at Walmart?