Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

I just bought a used 2008 civic

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CurryBomb is an unknown quantity at this point
I just bought a used 2008 civic

I have a 2008 coupe ex-l 4 cylinder automatic civic. It has about 110k miles on it. What are some basic things I should do or replace on the car to make sure it's well maintained.

I also noticed my music display screen keeps blinking on and off, it still plays music when the light turns off but what can I do to fix it? Some of the other icon lights don't turn on either like some of the a/c buttons don't light up.

I recently got the wrench icon to come on and my car saying (Code A15) I was at 10% oil life. I got the oil change and replaced the coolant fluid but the wrench is still up and it still says the oil life is at 10%. Why is the icon still on?

Another thing I noticed is that when I change the gear to drive, the car shakes a little or if I'm on a ramp it shakes a little when changing gears, and there's an odd noise when I first turn the car after starting it.
Old 11-21-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I just bought a used 2008 civic

You have to manually reset the oil life thingy.