Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

How do you remove the Ebrake cable

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flipg123 is an unknown quantity at this point
How do you remove the Ebrake cable

I am replacing one of my rear calipers, and can't seem to figure out the right way to remove the ebrake cable. I know that I can remove the 2 bolts that hold the bracket in place, but I have already messed one of the bolt heads up, so I would have to cut the bolt to get the bracket off.
It looks like I should be able to remove the U shaped clip and the cable should slide through the hole, but I don't think that the hole is big enough for the cable to slide through.
Old 05-17-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do you remove the Ebrake cable

It looks like I should be able to remove the U shaped clip and the cable should slide through the hole, but I don't think that the hole is big enough for the cable to slide through.
Why you did not try this already? It's made that way for a reason.

It will go if there is enough slack in the cable,
Old 05-22-2015
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about06 EX Mild Mods has a spectacular aura about
Re: How do you remove the Ebrake cable

Originally Posted by Flipg123
I am replacing one of my rear calipers, and can't seem to figure out the right way to remove the ebrake cable. I know that I can remove the 2 bolts that hold the bracket in place, but I have already messed one of the bolt heads up, so I would have to cut the bolt to get the bracket off.
Replace the damage bolt, grab the cable tightly with some needle nose vice grips, the pull the cable forward up or down and it will fit through. I can't remember which but try this I remember it was a little tricky. Watch the clearance as you move it and you will figure it out.