Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2015 Civic radio will not come on, and key won't unlock door

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dggators is an unknown quantity at this point
2015 Civic radio will not come on, and key won't unlock door

I was working with my speakers hooking up my subs and when connecting all the wires back together and starting my car, the car would not start. I tried jumping it, but the battery was fine, my push to start just won't work. Finally i found out if you touch the key to the push to start, it'll register it to start up. But one problem, the key won't lock and unlock my doors, and my radio will not turn on.. I checked fuses, but I don't know exactly which ones I should be looking for. I unplugged all added wires for my subs, and put the wiring by as it came and still nothing. I am out of ideas, and I can't use my car the way I would like until it's fixed. Can someone please help?
Old 03-08-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 Civic radio will not come on, and key won't unlock door

Dome light doesn't come on with the doors either?

You probably blew a fuse.

In the underhood fusebox lid there is a diagram..... Find the 2 fuses that are "bolded". #28 and 29. One of those is probably blown.
Old 03-08-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

It honestly sounds like the battery in the remote is not working. Shouldn't be bad, as it's a '15, maybe the key got dropped and the battery jostled?

How well did you put things back together? If there are no signs of alteration take it back to the dealer lol.

Otherwise the most certain thing to rule out the "easier" possibilities, is to just pull all the fuses and check each one(one at a time obviously)

I'd start with the engine fuse box. Check your manual to see what fuses do what, check first anything about keyless entry, or immobilizer.

I don't want to insult you, but how experienced are you with car audio...the possibilities of what went wrong are completely different for an inexperienced person, versus an experienced person.
Old 03-08-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

Make sure all your wires are back the way they were! No point in popping a new fuse in just to blow it again!
Old 03-08-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dggators is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
Dome light doesn't come on with the doors either?

You probably blew a fuse.

In the underhood fusebox lid there is a diagram..... Find the 2 fuses that are "bolded". #28 and 29. One of those is probably blown.

Thank you, this was my problem. I Would have never thought to check that fuse.